My first flash is on its way...

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...and I am very excited! :D After changing my mind as to what to get 100 times, I opted for the inexpensive Vivitar 285HVs and some cheap ebay trigger/receivers. I figured this would be an inexpensive way to get used to off camera flash and to see if it's for me. Thanks for your folks input on a previous thread as you helped me with these decisions. I will have to post some trial photos when I receive everything. Anyone use 285s a lot? Any tips besides reading the instruction manual? I figured I would share my excitement with TPF. :lol:

I just got mine like two days ago and finally had a chance to work with them today. I got two quantaray PZ-1 DSZ's and they are awesome, I am having a great time experimenting with them! You wont be disappointed :)

What trigger did you get?

Awesome, my wireless triggers did not get here yet either so I had to use one flash on camera to trigger the other. I made a light box and did some water drops today (Got one I love!)

i was planning to get 285HVs as some secondary flashes! :p tell me how they are when they arrive!

and those triggers... woah. so inexpensive. :p hope they work well.

Most reactions

Back