My first flash question

OnTheSpot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to photography and I'm about to buy my first flash. It's a 430ex with diffuser stand 4 rechargeable batteries a wireless transmitter a light stand and umbrella for $250. Just want to make sure I'm making a good purchase. Any advice would be great. I use a canon 550d. Thanks

The 430EX II is only $254 new. So... I'd say no. The stand and umbrella will run you under 50.

Depends on what kind of transmitter/receiver, what kind lightstand, what kind of umbrella....

The 430EX II is only $254 new. So... I'd say no. The stand and umbrella will run you under 50.

Just curious where you found the 430EX II for $254?

You should also check to see if it's a 430ex I or 430ex II. Not a huge difference in features, truthfully, but enough to merit a $25 or so difference on the used market.

It's part of the rebates on thru Feb 4th!!!

Definitely depends on the condition of the flash and what kind of triggers they are. IMO, I'd say its a fair deal without knowing what brand everything is... you're buying a used flash which is likely indistinguishable from a new one after it has been opened and you're getting a light stand, umbrella, wireless triggers, and rechargeable batteries for free!

I wouldn't hesitate buying used over new... I was able to get all three of my SB-28's for the same price as my SB-600 and they are more powerful and work like new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back