My first HDR attempt

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really enjoy HDR photos and have always wanted to try it. This is my first attempt. I am very new to Photoshop (I've had it for a while but haven't really played in it yet). I used the auto bracketing feature on my p & s to shoot the original. Any C & C would be appreciated.

HDR_PickupEDIT2.jpg

i like that shot dave, it seems like a good location to get more shots. whenever i encouter an old truck like that i'd be all over it. i also like you photo shopped it. keep up the good work

wim

wimfotocards.blogspot.com

Typically the point of HDR is to bring out highlights you wouldn't otherwise see. A blown out sky or a dark shadow where detail would otherwise be lost is magically visible.

I see nothing in the shot that would indicate this scene was a risk for a blown highlight. The shadow detail is missing, I see too many dark places where detail should be present in a HDR (inside the cab, wheel well, etc.) but isn't.

The shot to me looks more like a single image that's been edited with extra contrast.

I would like to see the images you used to create this HDR. I suspect they're either underexposed or perhaps something is hanky in your workflow. But I would give it another shot with the images you have and try to bring out some of that shadow detail.

Thanks everyone.

I did indeed up the contrast once I finished bringing the 3 images together. I see your point about no blown highlights or dark shadows. In the brightest of the 3 images, the underside of the truck and the building overhand is still in shadow, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm going to take the brightest photo and brighten it some more to illuminate the shadows better and then take another stab at it. Thanks for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back