My first HDR take two

adjustment contrast, adjustment saturation, smart sharpening? I thought photoshop is the grand daddy of all? What makes lightroom better?

LR3 gives you quick access to:
Temp
Tint
Exposure
Recovery
Fill light
Blacks
Brightness
Contrast
Clarity
Vibrance
Saturation
Tone Curve:
-Highlights
-Lights
-Darks
-Shadows
Hue/Saturation/Luminance
-Breaking it down to each color
Split Toning
Detail
Noise reduction

Then you have some quick easy access to some Graduated Filters, a brush with effects like teeth whitening and clarity, red eye reduction, and a healing brush.

Besides that, it is also a supreme organizing powerhouse. It sorts, labels, and exports your photos pretty darn smoothly. Not to mention the control over your export parameters including you exif data and watermarks.

I have CS4, PSE 6 & 7, and LR3. I use LR3 about 90% if the time, and then PS the rest of the time.

I always highly recommend giving the free trials a go, I mean why not!

WTH... more money more money hahaha. :( I will never buy a new lens at this pace.

What does the trial version do?

Everything the full version does, for 30 days. It's definitely worth a shot as it is free with no obligations.

I would also highly recommend these plug ins for your CS4.
Topaz Labs - Video and Image Enhancement Software The bundle can be downloaded for a 30 day free trial
Nik Software, Inc. | Viveza 2

Give them a try and you'll have a whole new found love for editing and your post processing results.

I already have Topaz. See my sig LOL

Excellent use of HDR IMHO.
I really don't like the over saturated, color shifted, overdone images a lot of people post in the name of HDR, but I think your images are a great example of what HDR images should look like.

Yes they need a bit more contrast and a (transform) perspective adjustment but the images mimic what I personally think HDR was meant to do.

Create a digital image that comes as close as possible to what you're eye (with it's incredible ability to see the details in shadows and highlights) can see, and make it look natural.

That's HDR to me.
Good job :thumbup:

Excellent use of HDR IMHO.
I really don't like the over saturated, color shifted, overdone images a lot of people post in the name of HDR, but I think your images are a great example of what HDR images should look like.

Yes they need a bit more contrast and a (transform) perspective adjustment but the images mimic what I personally think HDR was meant to do.

Create a digital image that comes as close as possible to what you're eye (with it's incredible ability to see the details in shadows and highlights) can see, and make it look natural.

That's HDR to me.
Good job :thumbup:

I think people mistake the tone mapping part of Photomatix for HDR. Its where the wild colors come from. HDR part shouldnt really alter the colors only add information in the blown highlights and plugged in shadows.

Most reactions

Back