TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_6463-2.jpg

IMG_6459-1.jpg

IMG_6460-1.jpg

Last edited:
the second one is outa focus a bit (unless not viewing them full size affetcs the sharpness that much....)

Some highlights are blown out....

but...they are all really good shots otherwise. Excelent composition and keep up the good work!

Is there a difference between Macro and Closeup Photography?

Yes there is.

Macro photography is taking pictures at lifesize (1:1) or other specific reproduction ratios (such as 1:2)

Close up photography is just taking a picture up close, at no specific reproduction ratio whatsoever.

Yes there is.

Macro photography is taking pictures at lifesize (1:1) or other specific reproduction ratios (such as 1:2)

Close up photography is just taking a picture up close, at no specific reproduction ratio whatsoever.

great! now i have to look into it to see how the hell you can tell its 1:1 or 1:2...

Actually, I would call them closeup shots. But they were taken in macro mode.
However, all shots I consider closeups are always under the category of macro! Make sense? :er:
I could not even get closeup shots like those out of macro. :er:
So are those closeups or macros? :er:

I'm saying they are closeups. Think about this, if you took the subject and put it on your sensor and snapped a shot would it fill the frame exactly the same? Like that you have 1:1 macro.
For example, if the flower you shot was small enough and it would fit on your sensor the same way as seen in the shot then it would be macro, if you just took the shot at the closest focusing distance for your lens and the flower itself is bigger then the sensor then it's a closeup shot.
BTW, what gear did you use for these?

The problem is that camera manufacturers have been confusing the issue, by using "macro" as a term that just identifies lenses with relatively short minimum focus distances. :-/

Yes there is.

great! now i have to look into it to see how the hell you can tell its 1:1 or 1:2...

WEll, the focus indicators on most lenses will tell you...

On the lens barrel, It says how far away the subject you are focusing on is, keep going, as far as youll go (only if you have a macro lens) it will say something like 1:8, 1:4, bla bla bla untill it goes to 1:2 and then 1:1...

now I wonder...is 1:.5 possible???? hehehe, that would take a while to think of a good way to explain....or if it would even work at all....

Most reactions

Back