My First Macro

Trig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I do like this, except for the out of focus bit at the bottom-right. This is a table corner. This my first ever macro shot, so give me all the advice and criticism you can! This was shot on an S7000.

macrowoodbwsmall.jpg

Hey, well congrats on taking your first macro!

Take this with a grain of salt, I'm just a weekend warrior. To me...the angle could be about 15 to 20 degrees counter-clockwise. Maybe a bit lower angle of attack, and the blown highlights or that out-of-focus glare in the right"ish" corner is a bit distracting.

My 2 cents. keep er' up!

Hey Trig,
That's a good shot for your first macro!!! A whole lot better than my first. Just keep messing with them. You're on the right track. Keep 'em coming.

And what happened to your other Avatar? It was pretty funny.

Well, I felt it was too much of the "real" me. And this seems like quite a serious forum, didn't want to give the wrong impression. I gave a funny entry into the comp though :D guess which one it is ;)

And thanks for the critique crystalview. I don't always like my photography to be straight lines like you suggested with the angle, but if I had done what you said I would have gotten a much clearer shot. The glare is distracting, I never noticed.

I may go back and take it again, see if I have improved :p

Trig said:
Well, I felt it was too much of the "real" me. And this seems like quite a serious forum, didn't want to give the wrong impression. I gave a funny entry into the comp though :D guess which one it is ;)

You're saying that to a person who has an avatar of a polaroid of hobbes.....'nuff said. :D

I've even started making the slices smaller so I can use two different skins at the same time and talk through them. I'm sure there will be a picture surfacing at some point....just hafta get caught. ;)

Wait...you thought this was a SERIOUS forum? BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's a good one! :lol: :lmao: :lol: :LOL:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back