My First Maternity Shoot - Please C&C

D3PO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi friends,

I did a maternity shoot with a friend, and would love to hear your thoughts on the product. Thanks!

19598533386_c697b0962e_b.jpg

19617681122_b81c05e2d0_b.jpg

19003771063_4464b581f3_b.jpg

19438121059_3307505814_b.jpg

I quickly looked at these. The exposure in the last should be bumped to match the rest. And the one thing I really noticed is that the horizon line is cutting into to her on each shot--this is something you probably want avoid next time, either shoot slightly above her, or just a little below.

I like the first one the best. :)

I agree these are nice [emoji2] love the first! Next time I would experiment with angles, as braineack mentioned, shoot from above!

Awesome! Thank you for your recommendations friends! :allteeth:

I like the first one as well. There might be a some softness to the focus around the eyes?

At any rate, this woman's warm genuine laugh is very beautiful, and coupled with the warm lighting tones and backlit hair, make it a very pleasant image for me. I'm sure she'll be very pleased :)

The B&W second image comes in second place for me (also, very nice) ... I like the contrast and range/concentration of tones. But there's something a little off about the placement of her head in relation to the background.

Agree with braineack, also add the backgrounds seem a little strange for a maternity shoot. Side of the road?
i dunno.
Decent anyway i guess?

KDThomas - Thanks! Completely agree with your comment on the head placement in relation to the background. Definitely a busy background that takes away from the focus on the subject.

Bribrius - Agreed on the location. I live in Phoenix and wanted to shoot on one of the rims near the Apache trail. The problem was that I knew how to get to the Apache Trail from the North, but this time I had to go from the South. When I finally found the trail the sun was getting real close to set. So I took an offroad trail that had the Superstition Mountains in the background. I definitely learned a lesson about proper preparation prior to shoot. BTW, this was an unpaid shoot so the model wasn't too upset or invested on location. Thanks for the thoughts!

yes, shoot from above - nice lighting

Most reactions

Back