my first photo posted

benQuad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
diego-woody-.jpg

Hi, i took this photo about a month ago and i wanted to share it so you can tell me your opinion. Nevermind the quality of the image, i'm no good at scanning.

Hi and welcome, BenQuad!
I like this photo very, very much!
This is a very interesting variation from portrait photography in so far as we see three persons, and then only their silhouettes.

Need I be the one to tell you that apart from this Gallery here, and the Critique Forum that Motcom is referring to, there also is a Forum called "Themes", where we're collecting photos that go with a certain theme? There's one simply called "Silhouettes" (could by now have "disappeared" to page 2 or so, the Themes are always good for some "hunting"), and this photo would find a PERFECT place in there.

I think this should go into the emotionally powerful forum (that would be a good thread). The shot seems to convey a small existence. I get the feeling that they are leaving something behind. I also feel that it is a special place. We are all interested in reading the details.

Technically the frame is a little rough. The light in this shot is definitely hard to expose for. In this case I would say go darker.

Great shot and Welcome to TPF!!! Very moody ...I like it!!! Can't wait to see more!! :D

thanks for the feedback, i was very nervous about posting this image (or any), i never thought anyone would like it.
This photo was taken in a small town near where i live; we (my band) were invited to play some of our songs in a music festival there. But things went wrong, it started to rain, it was cold, everything was mud and the music was not too good. What you see in the photo is the morning after. The sun came out and there was much fog. It's like the hope of a starting day when things can be much better than have been.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back