my first photos. critique if inclined.

thebeatles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, "thebeatles", welcome to ThePhotoForum and congrats on getting yourself a Powershot! I find they are quite powerful little cameras which offer you loads of options already to further your photography.

As to posting photos to the forums, here is a suggestion: always go copy the FOURTH line underneath the photos in Photobucket, i.e. the one that says "IMG-code", which already has the -brackets wrapped around the URL. If you click on that, and it copies itself automatically (which it does in Photobucket), all you have to do is paste that line into the reply box on here and once you push "Post", the photo will show in the thread.

Threads with photos right there get a much better response than those that make the viewers further click on links. Few only have the time or patience to do so.

And once you post more than 3 photos in one post, make sure you number your photos. Makes commenting so much easier.

That said, I must admit that I still haven't looked at any of your photos so far, but I read your comments on downsizing ... create a "websize" folder and downsize photos you plan to load up into Photobucket there at a max size of 800px wide (600px high) if they are horizontal (or 800px high if they are vertical format), and then don't save them at the highest possible resolution but a bit below "optimum". Then Photobucket will leave them just like you loaded them.

And now it may be time I go look at your photos ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back