My First Real Shoot Is Tomorrow!

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welp, I'm off to bed early tonight! I'm shooting a co-worker and her 4 month old tomorrow morning at 8 AM. This should qualify as my first "real" shoot, so I'm super nervous/excited/hopeful.

Pictures coming tomorrow!

Oh my god!
Welp, I'm off to bed early tonight! I'm shooting a co-worker and her 4 month old tomorrow morning at 8 AM. This should qualify as my first "real" shoot, so I'm super nervous/excited/hopeful.

Pictures coming tomorrow!

Spare the kid at least! And, FYI, posting it on the internet beforehand GREATLY reduces your chances of getting away with it, or claiming it was an accident. Not to mention taking pictures of the crime!

Sorry. I'm kidding. Best of luck!

awesome!! good luck!!

Good luck! I'm sure things will turn out fine.
You are probably already shooting right now, so any advice is kinda pointless haha.

Post up them pictures!

Just got back. Here are some quick edits. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

639129739_RbBkR-L-1.jpg

639129834_youkP-L-1.jpg

639129980_DF7Jw-L.jpg

639129679_49JD6-L.jpg

639129611_faXuM-L-1.jpg

639129290_ed56o-L.jpg

639129335_Xywz4-L.jpg

639129498_L9JTB-L.jpg

639129193_JtUDA-L.jpg

639130078_EgHxq-L-1.jpg

Cute images. I also really like the one of the child bitting the wagon side hehe.

Although I find you need some good post processing on these. I have been having issues with my work monitor, so it might be me, but mMany images have white balance issues and are somewhat yellow. They are also a tad under-exposed.

His skin also has odd lack of detail in some (7-8-9)

Cute images. I also really like the one of the child bitting the wagon side hehe.

Although I find you need some good post processing on these. I have been having issues with my work monitor, so it might be me, but mMany images have white balance issues and are somewhat yellow. They are also a tad under-exposed.

His skin also has odd lack of detail in some (7-8-9)

I think the underexposure look is a result of me editing on my MacBook Pro, which I always leave on SUPER bright settings. I need to calibrate, bad. Histograms look pretty good.

Lack of skin detail is from me going crazy with the "soften skin" tool in Lightroom.

I like the weird white balance in them. it kind of gives them a more personal look. when white balance is right on, it looks so impersonal.

I like the weird white balance in them. it kind of gives them a more personal look. when white balance is right on, it looks so impersonal.

Me too. Normally, I shoot in raw, set the white balance to auto, and then do whatever looks most interesting using the other available settings. These were almost all processed with some presets I downloaded to use in Lightroom.

Hmm..
Good composition- I really like the photos emotions. I also really like that radio flyer and miss mine from long ago.

I would say you could use a bit more light in some of them, like 2 and 6. The childs eyes in number 5 are way to dark, they have a sort of creepy feel IMHO.
I would also say a bit of an adjustment to the WB would be good as well.

Overall I think they were headed in the right direction, and were very creative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back