My first run with a DSLR

sapper6fd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, as my intro post says, I picked up a Nikon D90 last week. This weekend was my first time giving it a test run (My first time giving any sort of camera beyond a point a shoot a run since a brief encounter in the 90's).

I'll post a few of the shots I took, tell me what you think. Feel free to blast the constructive criticism my way! I'm looking for it!

Nikon D9
Aperture: F/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/25s
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18mm

DSC_0130.JPG

Nikon D9 (My personal Fav)
Aperture: F/7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/160s
Focal Length: 105mm

DSC_0146.JPG

Nikon D9
Aperture: F/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/400s
Focal Length: 38mm

DSC_0155.JPG

Nikon D9
Aperture: F/4
Shutter Speed: 1/25s
Focal Length: 18mm

DSC_0211.JPG

Nikon D9
Aperture: F/4
Shutter Speed: 1/40
Focal Length: 21mm

DSC_0214.JPG

I like these. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first shoot!

My thoughts:

1 - I love the perspective on this one.

2 - Great composition. Are those trees on the sides? It was like a natural frame... kewl. I saw you shot this at 1/160, why don't you try a slower shutter speed, it will give the water a softer look. Experiment and see what you like best.

3 - I love the color in this one. Just beautiful.

4 - Where do you live? This forrest is so funky!

5 - Although the subject is interesting, there is just so much green (I felt the same about #4 but at least there were more shades of green and the sky to balance it a bit more).

Great job on these!

Bekah

i like the first one the best, you could realy get some nice shots if you did the last few with a perspective like #1

Thanks all!

Bekah, the shots were all taken in Golden Ears Provincial Park, just outside Vancouver BC.

Gardy - I guess you could say I cheated on that shot. I was literaly looking up - that perspective is exactly how it is. All up hill! And no, I didnt even attempt the hike on that one :)

Most reactions

Back