My first shots as a newbie.

Apologies sirteezo for highjacking your obvious well intentioned thread. I would hope that you can take this response for what it is. Congrats on the new camera. Take loads and loads of photos. Post your photos here and be earnest in wanting to improve on your skills. There are plenty of people that will be happy to guide you through the confusing parts of taking better photos. Just be mindful of trolls that lurk around.[/quote]

It's alright. I told myself before I uploaded these pictures I would get positive/negative feedback. Not a big deal...I posed up my pictures on another local site and I got bashed on a lotttttttt, but what can you do? There's only room for improvement and that takes practice. It just doesn't happen over night (I wish it would) haha.

BUT a BIG THANKS AGAIN! for all the feedback, tips, helpful critique. I'm going to keep add it and hopefully get the hang of photography sooner or later.

hahaahaha. yeah i think the lighting is really cool and u choose some interesting angles. which is a good thing. yeah why do some people on this site have such arrogance? u should be encouraging not a snob

thanks girl! by the way, I got my car from south jersey. 16hr round trip. Reason I said that because I was there a few months back and my car reminds me of jersey :D

guys, toughen up the photos need a lot of work, that's not arrogance, it's the truth. If the OP didn't expect something like that to be said then they're aiming a tad bit high. It is an art, you don't make you first painting EXPECTING to get great reviews. You expect it to suck. He's right, these pictures are boring. the beauty of that statement is it comes with its own advice. "Find better subject matter"

You're nothing but a ball of arrogance. Where is the constructive part of the equation? You offered no point of reference for the OP to improve on what you considered:

Where is the subjectiveness of the critique? Wait, let me answer that. There is none. You seem to have the approach of hit and run. You apparently love yourself so much by demeaning others, that you forget that emotions do hang in the balance.

Ohoooo, Ahaaaa, that's it, that's it. You are so insecure with your own abilities, that the only way you can enforce the feeling of superiority, you must make the unwashed multitude accept their place in your eyes.

a5, you and your comments are pointless, meaningless and do not add value to any conversation I've witnessed. Don't let my numbers fool you either.

if someone's really that sensetive, then they should'nt be on the internet. I've been here a long time and surprisingly enough a long list of what's wrong can help the photographer. At this stage (don't worry, almost all start of here) aknist ni advice is really useful. One starts off so far from the target, a list of things that essentially "suck" about their photos is the only thing you can say until they get a little closer to the mark, then when you see that they have a better general understanding of the art, you start to narrow things down. a5 was right, nearly everyhting about a good photo is missing, kind of hard to give advice when EVERYTHNIG is wrong, wait a few mnoths and more specific weaknesses will show. Don't defend the newcommer, they don't need it, if you speak because of negative bashing to your photos, grow from it, and stop whining.

DSLR noob, I have respect for you, however, did you actually read what a5's first reply was and compare it to what you quoted me on?

Read my first paragraph once more please.

I did read what he wrote, it was true, honestly it was quite harsh and could have been laid down softer, but like I said, you'd be surprised that that can actually help one out. I mean, yes it hurts a bit, but its the kick in the pants that REALLY gets you going, after a few months even she will most likely go "wow, I've gotten so much better, these pictures aren't that great". First pictures are almost never golden, these need quite a bit of work, but to add what a5 was missing in his post that does make it easier to digest is "we all start off at this level, sometimes lower, sometimes people start higher, but none of use pick up a camera getting very good reviews, it takes time."

I did read what he wrote, it was true, honestly it was quite harsh and could have been laid down softer, but like I said, you'd be surprised that that can actually help one out. I mean, yes it hurts a bit, but its the kick in the pants that REALLY gets you going, after a few months even she will most likely go "wow, I've gotten so much better, these pictures aren't that great". First pictures are almost never golden, these need quite a bit of work, but to add what a5 was missing in his post that does make it easier to digest is "we all start off at this level, sometimes lower, sometimes people start higher, but none of use pick up a camera getting very good reviews, it takes time."

just for the record, I'm a dude.:D

Seeking out newbies just to spout the same old "blah, blah, blah your pictures are boring" crap is not what I consider constructive criticism. I'm sure this person is thick-skinned enough to take the abuse, but a5, you offer nothing to help him make his pictures better. Get off your high horse.
Anyway, aside from some of the other helpful posts about exposure and focus, I think your pictures would benefit from getting closer to the subject. Also, try shooting from a bunch of different angles and consider the rule of thirds (that might be something to look up if you don't already know what that is).
Keep practicing. One day you'll be as good as a5. Hahahaha.

Seeking out newbies just to spout the same old "blah, blah, blah your pictures are boring" crap is not what I consider constructive criticism. I'm sure this person is thick-skinned enough to take the abuse, but a5, you offer nothing to help him make his pictures better. Get off your high horse.
Anyway, aside from some of the other helpful posts about exposure and focus, I think your pictures would benefit from getting closer to the subject. Also, try shooting from a bunch of different angles and consider the rule of thirds (that might be something to look up if you don't already know what that is).

haha, thanks.

hahahaha agreed with everything you said

For your first time out you got some fine shots. Like any newbie, you learn from these and move on. Any mistakes you make the first time out can be corrected the next time out.
You have an eye for composition, and that is a start. You will pick it up and once you learn that camera, you will be rockin.

Just ignore all the so called know it alls here that tend to speak before they think, and never post any photos. They come and go, and, personally I wish most would go. Im sure there are some nice internet chat rooms they can go hang out in. :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the forum . Lookin forward to your next set of images.

For your first time out you got some fine shots. Like any newbie, you learn from these and move on. Any mistakes you make the first time out can be corrected the next time out.
You have an eye for composition, and that is a start. You will pick it up and once you learn that camera, you will be rockin.

Just ignore all the so called know it alls here that tend to speak before they think, and never post any photos. They come and go, and, personally I wish most would go. Im sure there are some nice internet chat rooms they can go hang out in. :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the forum . Lookin forward to your next set of images.

Thank You CHILLER! yea I plan on taking some shots tomorrow morning.
This is my addiction. and I love it.

Thank You CHILLER! yea I plan on taking some shots tomorrow morning.
This is my addiction. and I love it.

You aint seen nothing yet man. This started out as a hobby for me too, and now it is an addiction. Good luck on your shoot. If you have any questions, your welcome to pm me.
oh...there is an ignore button in your User CP to block the morons too.

Take care.

Most reactions

Back