My first three pictures shown on this forum.

Bobcock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have so many I want to share, but i'll not be an overpowering annoyance (just yet) and start with 3.

The first one is a streetside barber in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Hanoi-20.jpg

The second pic was taken in a street market also in Hanoi, Vietnam

Hanoi-33.jpg

The third pic was taken in the Por Thek Thung Foundation temple in Yaowarat, Bangkok Thailand. This is the organisation that is known as the Bangkok Bodysnatchers. I took two decent shots there, most people like the other one which I'll show later, this is the one I prefer.

Poh_Tek_Tung_-_161.jpg

wow. they are interesting. Thanks for sharing

the last one is amazing!
I'd take the vinegetting off the first two though. It's distracting and taking away from the picture.

I like #1, would like it better with a little less vignetting, but thats just me. #3 is a great shot!! Nice work!

Last edited:
I like them all, #1 my favorite. Nice!

All very interesting shots, great eye, looking forward to seeing some more of your work..........

Photos look really great. I like #1, but I agree with others that the vignetting isn't working for me. When I look at it, I wonder what the man is looking at, and the vignette seems to block out whatever is there... even if its nothing, with the border you can't tell...

Cool shots. I think the vignetting is not adding anything, actually I find it more distracting than enhancing. Vignetting works best when the subject is in the middle of the frame and there is nothing of interest on the edges.

I love the 3rd one, fantastic shot!

I agree with the other posters that #1 has too much of a vignette. I also do not like your choice of selective coloring on #2. #3 is the best of the ones you posted. Great shot!

Thanks, I must admit to having printed all 3 in large size and the one of the barber I chose to print without the vignetting.

I do appreciate the comments though, especially as they were favourable about the pics, the afterwork for me is a lesser talent (which I obviously don't have...LOL) if I can take reasonable pics, I'm more than happy. This is the other pic from the Por Tek Thung Foundation temple which most people prefer. I don't, but I do like it.

PTT2.jpg

This is another market shot from Hanoi, just a bit further down from the meat woman.

Hanoi-35.jpg

and I couldn't resist these trussed up crabs, I know they have big claws but I thought the ropes were excessive.

Hanoi-34.jpg

Wow the with all the vegetables is a great shot. I definitely prepare the first of those two incense pictures. I reckon most people who don't know much about photography would go for the second one because of the all-elusive 'blurry background' :)

I like the first,especially the reflection of barber and customer,and the third,with its dreamy quality.

Bangkok Bodysnatchers ???

PTT2.jpg

What can I say about it

It's very very beautifull:thumbup:

^ Wow, thanks

Actually the guy who really preferred the second pic of the incense is one of the worlds leading Natural history photographers, a man who has won Natures Best twice, Wildlife Photographer of the Year and won both gold and silver at Antibes.

Shows he knows stuff all about photographing Chinese Temples in Thailand.

He did like the first photo, don't get me wrong, but the things I love about it he said were too subtle. I think he was looking at it from the point of view of winning a competition.

Bangkok Bodysnatchers.

The Por Tek Thung Foundation are essentially a foundation of amateur ambulance men. There is no real ambulance service here, unless you phone directly to a hospital. These guys sit around listening to police band radio and attendin the scene of RTA's. They then ferry victims in the back of pick ups or sometimes these days well equipped mini ambulances to the most suitable hospital or in many cases the morgue. This temple is theirs and there are cash desk there for contributions, the Chinese go there on a birthday for example to make merit. (A large proportion of Bangkoks population are ethnic Chinese or luuk cheen Children of the Chinese). They do have a certain reputation for lifting a victims wallet, phone etc and it can quite often get nasty between members of rival 'foundations'.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2002/01/29/bodies_ed3_.php

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartisett/sets/72057594064334286/

http://www.ambulansforum.se/PAM/reportage/bangkok.shtml

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back