My flutterby

Gunngee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was out in the woods snapping pictures of some tiger lily's and along came this colorful little guy and posed for me on a few flowers. This was the best shot. For some reason this image looks blurred. The original isn't, is there some way I can upload pictures directly from my computer instead of hosting them on photobucket ??? Oh and please I am open to critique and comments.
DSC00729mod2Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I, too, find that after having loaded photos into Photobucket, they suddenly show up blurred when before they weren't. It's a nuisance. So I will just try to imagine this as well-focused, sharp and clean ... and I still find it has too little DOF, and the POV is a bit strange, as we get to see so little of your butterfly.

On the other hand, this is a rarer POV than most, which again I appreciate. And - of course! me being me and all that! - I love the colour of the background you have here.

It's a bit hard to overlook the blown-out area on the flower, though...

Thank you , I know the flower bothers me as well. It was a very sunny day and it was not the same angle I had been shooting the tiger lilly's at until the butterfly came along. Like usual when I get excited about shooting something I have a tendency to forget to change the settings on my camera to compensate. I did glance down at the histogram on my lcd and it looked ok.

Nice shot! I like the comp and the DOF works well. Photo does seem a little soft.

I personally use photobucket for posting and dont see any quality difference from my originals. Be sure you size you photo first in Photoshop or what ever program you use before you upload them to photobucket. If you don't and you load a full resolution photo it will resize it automatically and there is were you may see some difference in blur.

Hope that helps.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back