My friend Mike

M @ k o

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was asked to take some photos for my very good longtime friend Mike and his #1 American Paint horse, " in the world "... yes in the world, I was shocked ! The photos will be going towards an article of him and his horse in the American Paint Horse Association Magazine, Him and his daugther Niki, are the 2005 pinning champions, I'm kinda stoked about it and just got finish working over about 255 shots I took there yesterday on his land. I just wanted to share a few of my favorites with everyone before I hit the sack, I'm freakin tired and my neck is killen me. Here ya go.

L1.jpg

2. This is Niki , I remember when she was a little bitty thing, not any more. She's my little Cowgirl now. Man can she ride them horses, hell she's a champ !

L2.jpg

L3.jpg

L4.jpg

Thx for looking ;) Good night.

freakin' awesome m@ko! i love these. you did great and I'm sure they'll love em too.
That first shot is cover material; sharp and I love the soft tone thruout it.
Second is just sweet as all get out. :D
Three is a beaut and four is putting that lensbaby to good use.
excellent work man! :thumbsup:

Nice! :thumbsup: I'm a member of the APHA but was too cheap to buy the subscription to the magazine. :lol: Hopefully you'll scan and post the magazine pages so we can see them. I'm curious, what discipline is the horse #1 in? They've got so many divisions these days. :D

Hey thanks alot everyone ! I appreciate the comments as always :thumbup:

Hey photogoddess, I'll have to call Mike up and ask him, then I'll get back to ya on this alittle later in the day, it's around 7ish here and he is grumpy as hell in the mornings :lol: I'll get back with ya on that.

Thx again all :thumbup:

These are really good...love the layed back feel of three, its superb.......the lensbaby number four is a sweet shot too. great series :thumbup:

3, 4 :thumbsup:

Hey, we used to get that magazine, years ago when my mom still had her Paint. :thumbup: We were all horse people back then. ;)

Beautiful work here - you must be thrilled!

Congrats!

You did a great job Mako! have missed you pics!
#3 is beautiful! she would love the one :thumbsup:
like the fourth too
pretty horse :D

WOW....#4!!!!! I love the blur/movement (sorry newbie) in the horses hair, but the power and sharpness of the owner who leads his horse. It really reminds me of their natural flow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back