my icc profile somehow changed

dyyylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking at my old photos, they all used sRGB. Somewhere along the line it changed to "prophoto rgb"

I'm not sure if this is a camera setting or something in lightroom/photoshop, anyone have any idea, or does it matter?

[edit] I just checked my camera and it's set on sRGB, but looking at 3 photos in a row on flickr, i see one in sRGB, one in Adobe RGB, and one is "prophoto rgb". I'm not consciously changing this every time...

Do you use several programs? They each might be set differently. I have Adobe Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Camera Raw ( which I usually open a pic in first prior to launching photoshop ). I had a similar problem and realized that Adobe camera raw was using a different workspace so eventually since I opened directly into CS4, my saved file was ending up in ProPhoto instead of sRGB. If you use several programs, check them all. Also make sure whatever software you use to import the photos onto the computer isn't changing them.

It took me a while but I found where the setting is and flipped Lightroom back to sRGB.

Thanks for the help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back