My Image was STOLEN!!

YoungPhotoGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have reported the copyright violation to Facebook and left a message,
But OMG what did she do to it!!!!!
(This was taken a few years ago too lol embarassing as it is- its still better than that atrocity!!!!)
Anything else I can do?
Can't believe the cheek of stealing someone else's work and claiming its yours, and writing down that its copyrighted to you!!!! MY GOD!
Sarah (1 of 1).jpg

View attachment 102467

Last edited by a moderator:
None yet, will keep you updated. Bloody pisses me off.
Its a friggen photo of HER so how can she claim she took it lol.
#angrylady

None yet, will keep you updated. Bloody pisses me off.
Its a friggen photo of HER so how can she claim she took it lol.
#angrylady
selfie.

can you prove you took it?

Yes I can have originals and edits on my pc :) Of course :)

You aware what's going on right now with Richard Prince using Instagram images shot by others?

You aware what's going on right now with Richard Prince using Instagram images shot by others?
Yep doesn't mean that she is allowed to do that if it wasn't previously agreed to. Non-Commercial is non-commercial, and its still my photo. She can do whatever the heck she wants with her OWN photos.....:) :)

and the whole Richard prince thing seriously bothers me..... lol

and the whole Richard prince thing seriously bothers me..... lol
Yeah, it bothers a lot of us, but that's the point. If he can do what he's doing and what he did to bring on the previous copyright lawsuit, and lean so heavily on "fair use" to make his "art", then what's to stop anyone else from doing something similar, including the woman who used your photo?

At least she's the model. Prince doesn't even have that, and apparently doesn't need it. Not that it's ANY IOTA of justification, because it's simply not.

Don't get me wrong - I totally get where you're coming from. I register every photo I shoot that doesn't get deleted, and jealously pursue and get money for photos of mine that people use without permission. So, I'm on your side in this.

Be that as it may, what will you do if she tells you to stuff it?

Do you have a registered copyright? Do you have a written agreement with the model?

Yes I can have originals and edits on my pc :) Of course :)

I can't speak to the laws in NZ, but here in the States that would mean zip. Have you applied for and received a copyright registration through the proper channels in your country?
"Copyright comes into existence automatically under the Copyright Act 1994, when a work is put into material form e.g. manuscript, audio/video recording, photo.

No registration is necessary (or even possible), nor is any other formality required for securing copyright protection." - That is NEWZEALAND copyright law lol.....Feel sorry for you guys!!!

So instead of complaining to a bunch of strangers on an innernets forum, why aren't you contacting a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property cases?

This is her full image

So you're using HER image?[/QUOTE]
Yes I am. And I won't take this thread down until my photo is removed. I WOULD not create a photograph like she has with MY photo, so it is misrepresenting me as a business if someone becomes aware that its the same photo.

So instead of complaining to a bunch of strangers on an innernets forum, why aren't you contacting a lawyer?
Because it's one photo. I am confident that she will remove it, and if not Facebook will (I have had to do this before)
No need for me to turn into a psycho. People make mistakes and I'm just hoping she will be made aware that us photographers keep on top of our work and copyright and not to do it again............. :/

Most reactions

Back