My Image was STOLEN!!

Feel sorry for you guys!!!
It's not so bad. We technically have copyright at the moment of creation here too, which can shut someone down. But if you want to get PAID (I do), then you need the registered copyright. And it's nice to have the certificate as prima facie, whenever it comes up, then there's really no question.

Feel sorry for you guys!!!
It's not so bad. We technically have copyright at the moment of creation here too, which can shut someone down. But if you want to get PAID (I do), then you need the registered copyright. And it's nice to have the certificate as prima facie, whenever it comes up, then there's really no question.
That's good to hear, was hoping it was more widespread. Saves a lot of heartache for us NZ photographers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
gonna have to agree with 480sparky here, I'd be focusing on taking legal action rather than complaining here. I've had images stolen hundreds of times (most are harmless, instagram and pinterest shares that are resolved quickly), I just issue a DMCA notice

gonna have to agree with 480sparky here, I'd be focusing on taking legal action rather than complaining here. I've had images stolen hundreds of times (most are harmless, instagram and pinterest shares that are resolved quickly), I just issue a DMCA notice
Honestly, I am quite a trusting person. I am sure when she reads my comment she will remove it- otherwise yes I will issue a notice. :)

I WOULD not create a photograph like she has with MY photo, so it is misrepresenting me as a business if someone becomes aware that its the same photo.
I'm sure Patrick Cariou feels the same way, but that doesn't seem to have been a factor.

So instead of complaining to a bunch of strangers on an innernets forum, why aren't you contacting a lawyer?
Because it's one photo. I am confident that she will remove it, and if not Facebook will (I have had to do this before)
No need for me to turn into a psycho. People make mistakes and I'm just hoping she will be made aware that us photographers keep on top of our work and copyright and not to do it again............. :/
I have been through that with facebook and in my case they have made them take them down (or asked them to i wasn't privy to the convo) so they ended up removed either way. I am not sure how it works on there now though, that was a while ago.

I WOULD not create a photograph like she has with MY photo, so it is misrepresenting me as a business if someone becomes aware that its the same photo.
I'm sure Patrick Cariou feels the same way, but that doesn't seem to have been a factor.
Patrick Cariou ? Sorry I'm unaware of this story?

Do you include in your contracts that the model cannot alter or use the images like this?

So instead of complaining to a bunch of strangers on an innernets forum, why aren't you contacting a lawyer?
Because it's one photo. I am confident that she will remove it, and if not Facebook will (I have had to do this before)
No need for me to turn into a psycho. People make mistakes and I'm just hoping she will be made aware that us photographers keep on top of our work and copyright and not to do it again............. :/
I have been through that with facebook and in my case they have made them take them down (or asked them to i wasn't privy to the convo) so they ended up removed either way. I am not sure how it works on there now though, that was a while ago.
Agreed! Every time I have put a notice through Facebook my image has been removed and they have been warned. I think its scares them more actually because facebook warns them they could terminate their account

He's the photographer that was in a big copyright war with Richard Prince last time:

Richard Prince Triumphs Over Copyright With New Court Decision - ANIMAL

He's the photographer that was in a big copyright war with Richard Prince last time:

Richard Prince Triumphs Over Copyright With New Court Decision - ANIMAL
Woah. What the?
Its like he used Gimp to do those edits!!
Does this Richard guy have any real talent?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back