LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to tell someone that actually cares... lol
My family thinks it is a waste when I already had a perfectly good $60 kit lens. :mrgreen:
Here is a quick micro of it. It came with a Polarizer Filter.
It's a Canon 50mm f/1.4-22 Ultrasonic :thumbup:
180052.jpg

I was using it earlier today, it's an awesome lens! Silent and fast AF and it's very crisp and clear. Definately worth the money.

nice!!! my mom has(d) a 50mm 1.8 for her nikon d100, but i took it and have yet to return it because it is so crisp as opposed to a cheap lens as well

have fun! :D

andreag5 said:
nice!!! my mom has(d) a 50mm 1.8 for her nikon d100, but i took it and have yet to return it because it is so crisp as opposed to a cheap lens as well

have fun! :D
really? i just thinking to buy a nikkor 50 1.8d for portrit photograph.

Congrats!!!

You will love that lens!

Congrats. I have the same lens. Its pretty awsome. I just got my canon f4 70-200 L in the mail two days ago. New gear is always pretty sweet.

westman said:

You probably dont want something as wide as a 50mm for a portrait. go with at least 80 or 100. a 50mm will enlarge and distort facial features towards the middle.

thebeginning said:
do you mind sharing how much you got it for?
I got it for $250
The lens is in perfect condition and the guy sent it to me priority mail so it could get here before I leave for Germany. He was very nice and he also paid both the shipping fee and the Paypal fee.

I got it from a member on the Canon Digital Photography forum.

Hope that answers your question! :)

darin3200 said:
Wow, that lense takes great close-up shots! .....um :D
If you are talking about the picture OF the lens.... I think it would be hard to use the lens to take a picture of the lens I'm using.... ;) (lots of mirrors would have to be involved)

I used my Panasonic Lumix(digi) to take the picture of the lens...
FYI The Canon 50mm isn't for Macro shots. It's for more of a general street photography kind of photography. :D

Thanks for commenting though! :thumbup:

OOID said:
You probably dont want something as wide as a 50mm for a portrait. go with at least 80 or 100. a 50mm will enlarge and distort facial features towards the middle.
Maybe he's using a crop camera? Makes a nice 80mm equivalent.
If you can, get the 1.4 version. It's better than the 1.8 and costs even less than the canon version.

Good luck

LittleMan said:
If you are talking about the picture OF the lens.... I think it would be hard to use the lens to take a picture of the lens I'm using.... ;) (lots of mirrors would have to be involved)
Yeah, I was joking, but I guess it didn't show in my post though.
Anyway, have fun in Germany :)

Most reactions

Back