My Lensbaby...

Bimmie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bimmie.deviantart.com
So today I found this card in our mailbox, saying that the mailman passed but that no one was home (which is kind of unpossible since my mom was home all day) but that I could get my package (which is the lensbaby cause I didn't expect anything else) at the post office. But there was something written on the card: Tol 35€.
So now it seems I have to pay 35€ for a lensbaby that I won for free.
Could this be possible?
To the next winner: watch out cause they'll trick you.

Maybe that was 35E for the insurance or something, or how much it's worth... although I thought they were more expensive that this. Or maybe that's how much the shipping cost for lensbabies.com?

Let us know what happens, but I wouldn't be making accusations yet.

ohh import duty.. I forgot about that.
That's why I always get people who send me packages just to write 'gift' on the box. I've never been charged yet. (cross my fingers!)

Bimmie - not knowing for certain that it is the lensbaby or not, you really shouldn't be making a public announcement about this. This may be several things... Another item from somewhere else or if it is indeed the lensbaby, it could be custom fees or maybe just a mistake. Perhaps it would be a better idea to gather all of the information, deal directly with the admins and mods of this site privately to get things resolved in the event there is a problem before posting a public complaint about how you feel that you've been tricked.

I'm not complainting about the site or admins. Keep your pants up please.
I'm warning you that if people here win the contest, they might have to dig in their pockets. And I just called, it IS in fact the lensbaby that has arrived, since the sender is Sam Pardue. But I don't blame the Forum or anyone.

Bimmie said:
I'm not complainting about the site or admins. Keep your pants up please.
I'm warning you that if people here win the contest, they might have to dig in their pockets. And I just called, it IS in fact the lensbaby that has arrived, since the sender is Sam Pardue. But I don't blame the Forum or anyone.

Did you ask what the charge was for? But you are complaining ON the site without discussing this issue privately with the admins and mods first. How about a little maturity?

Bimmie said:
To the next winner: watch out cause they'll trick you.

If not towards the site, to whom was this comment directed at then? Please respond to the admins and mods privately. Doesn't matter which one of us.

I think maybe everyones getting a little het up...I think maybe Bimmie didnt mean it the way it came across, and he really means that there is some charge for getting a lensbaby that you win, just to let people know...

I'm just trying to warn the next winner of the contest that if he/she wins the lensbaby, that he/she will have to pay a fee or whatever. If you're a person that doesn't like help from people, then don't read this thread anymore. This has absolutely nothing to do with maturity. I'm only trying to be helpful to people, I do not have any means to boycot the challenge or anything. I'm just talking about my own expirience. If it's not any of your interest, then I'd suggest you go read another thread.

Artemis said:
I think maybe everyones getting a little het up...I think maybe Bimmie didnt mean it the way it came across, and he really means that there is some charge for getting a lensbaby that you win, just to let people know...

Thanks for supporting my statement Arty :thumbup:

yeah
indeed
bimmie didn't mean this in a bad way
so No need to atack him right away
i mean
if it'd happen to you
your first reaction would be like his one too
so saying that to other people isn't complaining at all
and
for me knowing bimmie
he sure is mature enough.

I'm just trying to warn the next winner of the contest that if he/she wins the lensbaby, that he/she will have to pay a fee or whatever.
MAY have to hand over some money to someone for some reason.

I read this thread as Bimmie accusing the forum of cheating him out of some money and he wasn't happy about it and was warning other people. If I read it wrongly that's either my fault for doing so or yours for not explaining yourself. I'm sorry to say, and this may sound arrogant, but I think it's down to you this time. I'm sorry, but your choice of words isn't the best. You can see what I'm getting at from the start of this reply.

If it's not any of your interest, then I'd suggest you go read another thread.
Mods and admins look after the forum. They have to read every thread and deal with them as they see fit. That can include editing, deleteing, closing and commenting when they feel the forum needs protecting. It's their job.

ferny said:
MAY have to hand over some money to someone for some reason.

I read this thread as Bimmie accusing the forum of cheating him out of some money and he wasn't happy about it and was warning other people. If I read it wrongly that's either my fault for doing so or yours for not explaining yourself. I'm sorry to say, and this may sound arrogant, but I think it's down to you this time. I'm sorry, but your choice of words isn't the best. You can see what I'm getting at from the start of this reply.

Mods and admins look after the forum. They have to read every thread and deal with them as they see fit. That can include editing, deleteing, closing and commenting when they feel the forum needs protecting. It's their job.

Very well said, Ferny. I agree.

Bimmie,

I believe the fee you are seeing is an import tax as tempra pointed it. This would be the same if you won any contest outside of Europe. This is not LensBabies' wrong doing nor that of TPF. If a US resident won a contest outside of the US we would pay a tax as well.

I understand your frustration, but coming onto the site and "warning" users that they will "have" to pay probably wasn't the best way to deal with this situation. Letting someone know on the moderation or administration team would have been a better route. I am sorry that you had an unexpected fee when you were expecting a free item, but this comes down to a government tax issue, not the intention of TPF or the sponsor.

In the future we will let people know that LensBabies is a US company and that fees for winners outside the US may apply.

next time, try to get all the information before you post
you could irritate the generous people at lensbaby who are giving you a free product
so next time, dont accuse the sponsors until you have all the information

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back