My Mac isn't recognizing my Canon...

If you plug your camera into another machine is it recognized? Troubleshooting is the process of eliminating possible issues. So is it the camera/cable/usb port? S/w on the MAC? Camera batteries?

Keep eliminating possibilities.

haha i have 2 Macs better for you to contact apple or maybe it's just your USB 2.0 Cable or just buy a new Card Reader!! lolx

usayit...I'm going to have to agree with Happy Hour at this time. While she did kind of go off on a tangent...you are ranting...take it easy.

Sure...

Happy Hour said:
OMG You are by far the most immature kid i've ever seen! Grow up little boy. It relates to the post because Spyware,malware,trojans,worms,ect.ect.ect. Can damage files and/or corrupt them!!! Get a Clue B4 you try attacking something you know nothing about! Little man!:lmao::lol:

After meeting you, I've decided I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest.I've come across decomposed bodies that are less offensive than you are.

Umm... it's a little thing called a search button! do a search and you will see (and I said probably!!!) 2year old! thats all I read the past month. Oh I forgot from your last smart ass comment YOU CAN"T READ!!! Grow up little boy

and I'm the one ranting??? Lets not get into the PM I got too. The maturity level of this (still) great forum has been decreasing the past year or so.

"decomposing bodies"? I will admit.. it was entertaining as well as creative.

You might want to consider checking the camera on another computer and see if you have the same failure. I've seen 4 to 5 camera bodies that have failed USB interface ports. Granted that is a small percentage of the cameras that have crossed my path but it does occur. Most people use card readers to read their media to minimize the wear and tear on the camera itself. Card reader is about $20 and your camera is $1000.. which would you rather replace?

If it turns out that the camera will not be recognized by any machine, it is most likely a failed port. No problem, just use a card reader. (and no... the MAC didn't eat the camera's port)

Most reactions

Back