My Milky Way processing then vs now

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was browsing through my Milky Way shots and came across one I processed and uploaded to Flickr in 2014 and decided to re-edit it with I've learned in the last few years in terms of processing my images.

Before (2014):

After (2017):

I think it's fun sometimes to go back through your old photos and just re-edit them, even photos that you think were just crap. I've taken shots in Boston many years ago that I thought then were just snapshots and a few days ago I edited them and they actually turned good pictures. I just needed to know how to process them. That's the beauty of shooting raw. Photos you've taken 10-15 years ago can easily be reprocessed and with the power of better software and technologies, you can actually save photos that you otherwise thought were a lost cause. Storage is cheap so save your photos that you think are a lost cause because you never know, someday they may just surprise you.

I agree with the comment above i like the 2014 one over the 2017 one do you think you would be able to post one with a bit less saturation then the 2017 one?

Somewhere in-between 2014 and 2017 might be truly awesome; how about say a Christmas, 2015 version?

i do like both of them just prefer the 2014 one the second one is just a bit to purple to me

Better? Otherwise I'll just make it a B&W and then you can't complain about the color! :D

Also, I like my images to pop, that's always been my style.

The people on Instagram liked the purple one a lot so I thought I was onto something but apparently not haha. Instagram is always right you know...

Erwin-140628-9186.jpg

Still looks a little over processed to me. Is the green around the edges of the trees chromatic aberration?

Still looks a little over processed to me. Is the green around the edges of the trees chromatic aberration?

Don't know and honestly don't care if it's there or not.

I took this photo back in 2014 using a D7000 + 35 1.8G.

Don't know and honestly don't care if it's there or not.

I took this photo back in 2014 using a D7000 + 35 1.8G.

Ha, ok. Just something you can clean up, since you made a thread about processing.

I think you can push space images, thats what people want to see. I watch a lot of NOVA and most the time I cant tell if " photos" of the sky are CG or " real", they certainly are not what the eye can usually see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back