My myspace photos. Please comment

Dcrymes84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some photos of myself for my myspace and facebook page. Please let me know what you think, and what i can do to better my photos. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Picture #1
DSCF0109.jpg

Picture #2
DSCF0035.jpg

Picture #3
DSCF0036.jpg

They're kinda noisy... Probably due to the high ISO. Use a tripod and a longer shutter speed so you can lower the ISO.

On the ones taken in the mirror, I would flip them 180 degrees so all the writing isn't backwards.

They're kinda noisy... Probably due to the high ISO. Use a tripod and a longer shutter speed so you can lower the ISO.

On the ones taken in the mirror, I would flip them 180 degrees so all the writing isn't backwards.

How do i flip them 180 degrees? Just flip the camera? Thank you for the comment. I am looking to improve. Also wouldnt the tripod make it noisier?

Whatever software you have should be able to flip them. It's usually right by the rotate button. This is how you do it in GIMP (which is free, if you don't have it download it here.)

GIMPflip.jpg

The tripod will let you use a lower ISO, which will lower the noise.
Your shutter speed will be longer with the lower ISO, but as long as you can stay still for a half second or so, that won't be a problem.
Use the remote or the timer.

Last edited:
There's really no reason for that...

How do i flip them 180 degrees? Just flip the camera?

LOL

Try setting the camera up on a tripod with either a remote shutter release or a timer, at least that way you can try more poses than 'the camera at arm's length' standard myspace self portrait.

I took some photos of myself for my myspace and facebook page. Please let me know what you think, and what i can do to better my photos. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
+1 on setting to the correct white balance. Thye look so orange because that's really the color of incandescent lights, our brains automatically make an adjustment for that but the camera doesn't.

The second and third shots are oof. Even better would be to have someone else make the images rather than self held shots.

In the first one, you needed to get some light in under the ball cap. Something white in your lap or propped up on a table would work. The focus isn't to bad on that one. It's just very obvious you're holding the camera out there at arms length.

What's the catch light low right in your eyes there? The TV?

I'd help out with some editing to give you an idea, but you don't allow that.

Better, but they're still a little on the noisy side.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back