my new lens!

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just picked up the 70-300VR very happy with it, just been sniping out the window so far as im waiting for my UV filter to arrive in the post... its a bit top heavy on my d40 but the sharpness is so much better than the kit lens!

Congrats on the new lens. Post some pics.

No kidding, this thread is useless without pics! :)

Congrats on the new lens.

I love the focal range that puppy offers.

will put a couple on but so far its been from inside the house out the window! so they are noting special, mind you i do like the way i can be a sniper from inside , the poeple look so natural....ooo i cant wait for my filters and a nice day!!
these were all pretty much at 300mm and its a dull day here so pretty pleased with that VR feature....after all i paid a lot for it !
DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

Very cool! The most reach I have is 200mm, that 300mm would be nice. I have been thinking about popping for a 100-400mm lens but have other stuff I think I probably need more. But I will get around to it one of these days, right after the Alien Bee 800's I need for my home studio.

now a home studio, now ur talking, how nice would that be. perhaps i shd get a bigger house... ive got to anyway as GF expecting twin so could get an extra bedroom lol

i will let u know in august... we werent even planning one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

studio would be handy with the twins.or a lighting rig at least!!

now a home studio, now ur talking, how nice would that be. perhaps i shd get a bigger house... ive got to anyway as GF expecting twin so could get an extra bedroom lol
I sold the wife on the notion last weekend. We're having a contractor come over this week to give an estimate to finish our walk-out basement. I can have a huge studio down there and move my office down there too... spread out. She's tired of seeing all the growing photog equipment around the main level of the house. :)

Congrats on the twins! Are these your first kids? I just had a son 5 months ago and it's been the best thing ever.

they are the first, i have no kids and im not sure abt the whole thing yet!!
We are also in a bit of an awkward situation, we are in a 1 bed flat in the UK and with the economic situation its not easy to move....im self employed you see.... I have a nice place in France well suited for kids, but its away from her family and there is little work there, very rural.....great for photography tho!! seems like a good reason to move back there, shame i was not into photography when i lived there...
I actually rent a place out in france for holidays so if any of you are coming to rural Europe....let me know and i will post the site link!

I sold the wife on the notion last weekend. We're having a contractor come over this week to give an estimate to finish our walk-out basement. I can have a huge studio down there and move my office down there too... spread out. She's tired of seeing all the growing photog equipment around the main level of the house. :)

Congrats on the twins! Are these your first kids? I just had a son 5 months ago and it's been the best thing ever.

No room to expand for me, so I just leased a space with another photographer and opened up shop. Great stuff with the new lens! I've been thinking about picking one up one of these days just to have the length... We'll see

Congrats on everythings guys, the twins, new lens, new studio space. I love my 70-300. Granted it a Sigma, but I still love it. I have a whole unfinished basement that I'm looking to finish up. I have been thinking I should redo my plans to include a studio. I can't take out the bar though.:lmao:

Most reactions

Back