My Second time shooting a wedding... (but mainly as a guest)

RhysPhotograph.me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rhysphotograph.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to my GF's cousin's wedding a few weeks ago, and he had asked me if I wouldn't mind taking my camera to take some candid's of the family, I was going to anyway so I said yes.

On the day, only the second photographer turned up as the main photographer was ill, and for some reason he refused to stay beyond 7:00pm even though deal with the main tog apparently included full coverage of the entire day.
Anyway come 7:00pm I took over from the official tog, which was just before dinner.

Most of the day I just tried to stay out of the main togs way as much as possible as I know how annoying it is when one of the guests get's in your way and thinks their picture is more important than yours.

The rest of the album can be viewed at the below link.

http://www.rhysphotograph.me/oxfordshire-wedding-photography-jonathan-alexa/

216.jpg

432.jpg

365.jpg

375.jpg

389.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pictures! The exterior shots seems a little under exposed, or is it just me?

I've been to a couple of weddings as a guest this year and seriously all I bring is a my olympus ps stylus or the iphone. I just can't seem to get myself to lug my DSLR around as a guest during personal events - can't cut the rug with my old lady if i'm lugging my anchors around =D. And..exactly for this reason, everyone in my circle knows I'm a photographer so I get passed on the responsibility by default.

These look great especially for a guest. Looks like you even brought your flash with some sort of diffuser or bounce as seen on the last shot.

I've been to a couple of weddings as a guest this year and seriously all I bring is a my olympus ps stylus or the iphone. I just can't seem to get myself to lug my DSLR around as a guest during personal events - can't cut the rug with my old lady if i'm lugging my anchors around =D. And..exactly for this reason, everyone in my circle knows I'm a photographer so I get passed on the responsibility by default.

These look great especially for a guest. Looks like you even brought your flash with some sort of diffuser or bounce as seen on the last shot.

Thanks Camz.
Tbh I didn't really take much gear, just my camera and 3 primes that I kept in 3 pouches attached to my belt, and also an SB700 that my GF kept in her handbag most of the day.

Excellent Uncle Bobing

^^^
From what I can gather, it turns out the happy couple prefer these over the official ones...

"Rhys this is ace!!!! Are you able to do a DVD of them for us to keep? We got official shots and they are ok but not what we thought. Cant wait to see story book, any idea on cost?"

Thanks Patrice. 'tog' from what I can gather (I'm not 100% sure) is short for photographer and comes from middle part of the word photographer.

^^^
From what I can gather, it turns out the happy couple prefer these over the official ones...

"Rhys this is ace!!!! Are you able to do a DVD of them for us to keep? We got official shots and they are ok but not what we thought. Cant wait to see story book, any idea on cost?"

I would not blog about it if I were you. Doesnt matter if the hired photographer is a good photographer or bad. Uncle Bobing is never a good thing especially if you want to be in a wedding photography business. You are going to sell them or get them a story book? Are you kidding me? Also, bad mouthing the hired photographer isnt very wise either. You can only blame the B&G for not doing their homework and hire a good photographer. If the main photographer really didnt show up because he got sick, then that is the act of God. I say he should give some money back to B&G (should be written on the contract agreement about this). If the 2nd photographer DID not cover the wedding up to the contracted amount, then I say they sue his ass.

Really, your work is good but NOT a good move on your part.

P.S. Since when Uncle Bobing is considered "professional"?

I would not blog about it if I were you. Doesnt matter if the hired photographer is a good photographer or bad. Uncle Bobing is never a good thing especially if you want to be in a wedding photography business. You are going to sell them or get them a story book? Are you kidding me? Also, bad mouthing the hired photographer isnt very wise either.

Really, your work is good but NOT a good move on your part.

P.S. Since when Uncle Bobing is considered "professional"?

I'm new around here, if this thread is in the wrong section, then please move it.

You can only blame the B&G for not doing their homework and hire a good photographer. If the main photographer really didnt show up because he got sick, then that is the act of God. I say he should give some money back to B&G (should be written on the contract agreement about this). If the 2nd photographer DID not cover the wedding up to the contracted amount, then I say they sue his ass.

^^^
How does that rant even make sense? I guess your the neighbourhood .... around here.

Give it another year doing weddings, you will realize it your self and agree with me.

Thanks Camz.
Tbh I didn't really take much gear, just my camera and 3 primes that I kept in 3 pouches attached to my belt, and also an SB700 that my GF kept in her handbag most of the day.

LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back