My seemingly weekly flower pic thread (just one this time)

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How to do roses in a way that hasn't been done a million times before? 2 hours of setting things up and snapping and another hour doing post and I still haven't figured it out. I like the way this one turned out, though, so I'm posting it for feedback. Thanks!

rose_14_4x6.jpg

Last edited:
wow that's a beauty

I love the color and the different textures between the reflection and the flower.
For me I would like to see the whole flower. Maybe less crop.

But what do I know most of my pictures suck.
Troy

A fresh shot - Loving those glassy reflection and also the colouration of the rose in your pic!

You found a nice underground, good light, lovely rose - and interesting point of view ... only is the crop too close, I think.

Thanks for the feedback. It was definitely a conscious choice to try and 'fill the frame' while coupling that with some semblance of (distorted) symmetry, hence the close crop. On reflection (no pun intended) and with these bits of criticism, I probably could have made a better choice with the crop.

Let's try one with slightly more negative space:

rose_15_2x3.jpg

Better.
If you feel you got too much space around the flower, try to crop in just a little from above and just SOME more from the sides, but leave the flower intact. I think that should work. See how little space there is below the reflection ... for symmetry you might want exactly as little above, too?

the second one is much better. i like it very much. good job.

Most reactions

Back