My Weekly Themed Sketch and Other Art Works

Well, the weekly theme at the fountain pen site has been inactive for a while so I'm not making the drawings at the moment. Still, I have a few to share, and I'll get back to drawing again, probably after the holidays (I actually have two to do, before then, for a couple folks here.)

This was "A Pair of Eyeglasses or Sunglasses"

scan0035.jpg by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

And the equivalent of EXIF:
HB pencil for rough-in;
Cross Black ink in the Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe (touchdown) pen for the line work;
Washes of Noodler's Blue Eel and Cross Black inks;
Canson 98# (160gsm) Mix Media paper, 7"x10" (17,7cm x 25,4cm).

I like your sketches. I take pictures because I cannot draw. ;(

Well, the weekly theme at the fountain pen site has been inactive for a while so I'm not making the drawings at the moment. Still, I have a few to share, and I'll get back to drawing again, probably after the holidays (I actually have two to do, before then, for a couple folks here.)

HB pencil for rough-in;
Cross Black ink in the Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe (touchdown) pen for the line work;

Sure you can. It's like anything else - it takes practice.

HB pencil for rough-in;

Sure you can. It's like anything else - it takes practice.

In this case the total lack of talent requires far more practice than the arthritis will allow! ;)

HB pencil for rough-in;
Excellent. I love this thread. It's like opening a present every time I see a notice. Thank-you sir, you're a peach.

Excellent. I love this thread. It's like opening a present every time I see a notice. Thank-you sir, you're a peach.
Thank you. Actually I'm a bear, but I get what you mean. ;)

Not part of the (now defunct) weekly sketch challenge but a pen & ink sketch, nonetheless.
Leonore (@limr) wanted one of my drawings with a Coffee House or related theme. She has it now, so I can share.

CoffeeHouse
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

edit: I changed the thread title to be a bit flexible.

Last edited:
Yay! It was worth the map.

It's exactly what I was looking for. Now I have to decide which side will (eventually) be displayed "up" in the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back