The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This town is at the foot of the mountain where the Golden Rock Pagoda is. It is in the Mon State but I don't know if she is one of the Mon people or not. Burmese take their tribal affiliations seriously.

p648293117-5.jpg

Nice Lou, but it appears to be just a tad flat. Maybe just little more contrast?

You're right, it does.
I just tried upping it a bit and it looked a bit harsh
She was in the shade and flat it was and flat I guess it will be.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have another of her and I'll try that one.

I don't know Lou, maybe it these old eyes or I need a new monitor, but they all seem to be slightly washed out tonight. I really like the expression on three, but there are two hairs on #3 that my eye went directly to and now I can't stop looking at them. One across the bridge of her nose and the other crossing her left eye. It's one and three for me, with two being my least favorite.
EDIT: I sent this while you were posting the forth. The colors on the forth are much better

Rick,

thanks for honesty without ulterior motive.
I will look again in the AM when my eyes are rested.

and I'm older than you. :bouncingsmileys:

No problem Lou. Your stuff usually packs that Wow factor and I think with a little tweaking these can pull it off to. Just one favor? Please get rid on that hair across the bridge of her nose because it really is driving me nuts :thumbyo:

Personally, I wouldn't try to pep these up. That they are a little flat doesn't, imo, harm them but adds a certain wishfulness or nostalgia. Those words don't quite touch what I feel when looking particularly at #1 and#3, the German word Sehnsucht gets closer, I think.

She's beautiful...

I'm sorry...gotta say something here.

Rick58, phonetically you got it right, but it's Lew not Lou. :)

Sorry, it was bugging me.
I'll take a look at these when I get home Lew...can't see much from my phone.

She's beautiful...

She is beautiful.
In a different culture, she might have been able to leverage her beauty and her industry into a better life.
As it was when I took these, she lived in this tiny town whose only reason for existence was to provide place for the religious who come to see the Golden Rock, she worked 6 days a week, as many hours as the restaurant needed her for ~$25/month plus room and board.
Her only future was to possibly marry, have children and, if lucky, live in a hut with a thatched roof and a board floor with little access to health care or any of the things that even a semi-modern culture has available.

p1516827106-5.jpg

This is the manager of the restaurant who, in 2010 when I was there, had heard about computers but had never seen one. With the change in government, the Internet and cell phones have come to some pretty remote places, even this town, Kinpun

_07988701665-2.jpg

I'm sorry...gotta say something here.

Rick58, phonetically you got it right, but it's Lew not Lou. :)

Good thing I wasn't calling him for supper. He would have starved to death.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back