National Geographic Bags....Opinions?

Nightsblood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im looking for a shoulder type bag and have always kinda liked the look of the NG bags. I only carry a 20D with lens attached and a macro lens. Couple smal items, but not much. Anyone here have one of these bags and have an opinion.

Or, can you recommend another shoulder type bag?

I'm very limited in my area to look at stuff like that. There is a Ritz store that had some nice Quantaray bags, one of which I bought. It was bigger and nicer than some of the bags at Best Buy that cost twice as much.

Actually, the more I check out the Slingshot 200, the more I like that bag as well.

I've looked at the Nat'l Geo bags before, they don't look half bad, but I suspect they are a bit overpriced for the name. If you like the look of the bags (the khaki color, etc) you might take a look at the Domke line of bags. They offer a lot of bags in canvas similar to the N.G. bags, but imo they are probably going to be a much better bag overall. They make every size imagineable, but some of their smaller offerings would probably suit you well, I think.

i used to live at dahlgren navy base and we used to go to fredericksburg all the time.

Well, actually I used to live in King George county and not far at all from Dahlgren. Small world. I actually shot a few photos out at the Nice Bridge a few times.

BWBridge.jpg

I have a Tamrac Velocity 7x. It is excellent for my needs. I have a d40 with a kit lens currently, but there's plenty of room for more--easily another lens and other things. I like the fact that I can wear it around my shoulder and put the bag behind me, then if I need to take a photo I can swing it around and get my camera out with no problem. Looking at the other bags that have been mentioned here, they don't look like they would do that as easily as mine does. I highly recommend it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back