National Guard Weekend (multiple pics)

mattvillano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just looking for some comments/suggestions.

My friend is in the Army National Guard Reserves and two weekends ago they went to this Boy Scout Jamboree campout event. They basically brought some trucks and equipment which all the kids were fascinated with. It was kind of a recruiting event for the older scouts but the little kids still loved it. My friend had asked me to come and take a few shots to document everything. It was actually interesting since it was my first real photo "job". These are just a few of the pics....quality isn't all that great becuase of my scanner,

On the first night, the company did mock night maneuvers throughout the camps and let the kids talk on the radios. (the guns in the pictures aren't real, they're used for training)
talking.jpg

This was a demonstration on biological/chemical warfare and all the equipment they use. The kids loved the gas masks.
gasmask.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I like this shot. I think I just like how it captures the face of the guy having everything explained to him.
truck.jpg

The kids were fascinated by these "law rockets" (again not real)
rocket.jpg

Every kid wanted to have the camoflauge paint. (had to switch to B&W)
paint.jpg

Exploring the inside of the HUM-V.....none of that H2 crap this is the real thing.
humv.jpg

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just wanted to hear what people think. Thanks.

Good work! The face painting shot is the strongest. Amazing interaction between the kid and the soldier. The DOF really brings my eye to the subject. Maybe crop the other soldiers shoulder out of the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back