Nature Lovers, Sign the Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I'll just make crazy statements about police and when I disagree with you I'll ignore you, cry, nd then ask to have my account deleted.
Is there anything we can do to hurry that along? :winksexy:

Will I get slapped if I recommend a petition followed by a social media campaign?

EIngerson said:
Well this thread turned south quick.

There's nothing like a thread that begins with the OP leading off with unauthorized use of some other photographer's work...on a hot-button topic which is about a mob of internet slacktivists who happen to be calling for vigilante justice...

I'm wondering where all the faux outrage is over Africa's HUGE problem with "bushmeat"...as in chimpanzees and other primates being shot, skinned, butchered, and then SOLD to regular Africans as "bushmeat". Nothing quite like people eating smoked chimpanzee meat for dinner...

Gee lets try these for a start.....................

Billy evans, NY
Aug 02, 19:51
# 1,022,267
This jerkoff dentist from Minnesota needs a beat down then he should get shot in the head with an arrow .. dont let this dumb ass get away with this horrible thing he has done .. hope you die mr dentist from Minnesota you fag animal abusing piece of ****

Dawn Engelhardt, IL
Aug 02, 19:39
# 1,022,110
Can we please lure Walter Palmer out of his hidden sanctuary (what a coward) with some raw meat, then shoot him with a bow and arrow? Let him bleed for 40 hours and then shoot him with a gun. There was absolutely no skill or respect involved in this disgusting "sport" of killing Cecil. Wow what an incredible douchebag coward he is.

William Bowling, VA
Aug 02, 19:25
# 1,021,960
Disgusting. Disturbing. I really would like to see someone else's head mounted as a trophy, but that will never happen.

Malcolm McLean, United Kingdom
Aug 02, 19:14
# 1,021,811
These sick f**ks should be chopped up and fed to the lions. No-one will miss *them*.

58735697.jpg

My only question if he was going to take the shot at night how was he going to determine whether it did or didn't have a collar?

Everything I've read implies he knew he shouldn't of shot a collared lion. So how was he going to determine that it was or wasn't then. Surely that's his responsibility, he knew it had been baited out, so guessing not identified.

Great question. It's my understanding that the guides were trying to hide the collar from him once they realized it was there.
I looked at dozen pictures of Cecil. I didn't see a collar on any of them. Well, why would I? It's underneath the lion's mane. When the lion was killed, the guide found the collar and then panicked. Not the right thing to do. But the point is, they apparently didn't realize it was a monitored and not a wild lion. People are so caught up in their anger, they can't see straight.

Second, baiting and luring is standard practice on hunts.

Third. Private guide companies are standard and they hunt in many African countries including Zambia, Mozambique, Tanzania, South Africa, and others beside Zimbabwe. I Googled a couple and they even explain how they do the luring which is standard practice. A hunter who hires what appears to be a legitimate guide would expect his guide and the company he represents to assure all the government fees are paid and that the whole hunt be done legally.

Trophy Hunting Safaris in Africa - African Trophy Hunting
Lion Hunting in Africa - Africa s best Lion Hunting Safaris

Here's one that also breaks out the costs. The only complaint I have is that now I know why dentist's fees are so high.

Tanzania African Lion Hunts Outfitters Guides Hunting African Lion in Tanzania
Prices & Packages
16 day LION safari on a 21 day license
1×1 basis
Daily Rate @ US$ 1,600 per day 25,600
Government Hunting License 1,250
Government Conservation Fee U$ 150/day x 21 3,150
Pack/Dip/Crate Fee 1,800
Government Trophy Export Tax 500
Gun Import incl Government. Tax per Gun 250
Concession Fee U$ 120/Day 1,920
Community development U$ 120/day 1,920
TOTAL 36,390
Additional Costs:

Estimated charter flight cost, round trip 3,450
1 x Lion, with the 20% community levy 7,800
1st Buffalo with the 20% community levy 2,280

What's interesting is how much money goes to the government and particularly to the local communities. The local people there like hunters. It provides money to them not only in the aforementioned fees. But in manpower and supplies that support the hunts. Why do you want to take away their livelihood? If they're hunting responsibly, shouldn't they decide how to control the wildlife. We do in the States. Here we go again pushing our weight around and butting into other country's business

Community development U$ 120/day 1,920
1 x Lion, with the 20% community levy 7,800

Another interesting fee: Government Conservation Fee U$ 150/day x 21 $3,150 So the government uses these hunts to pay for conservation in their country and protecting the wildlife from real wanton poaching like the 300 elephants poisoned for their tusks that I mentioned earlier.
This is not unlike hunting and fishing fees here in America that pay for State Department of Conservation costs related to upkeep of hunting areas and herds and raising and stocking of fish.

Law enforcement will receive training on dog encounters

This was one of about 280 dog shootings that happened that year in Texas. In the past five years, more than 1,000 dogs have been shot by Texas law enforcement, according to data from the Texas Humane Legislation Network. Not all police departments keep track of canine shootings so an exact number cannot be easily determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back