ND filter shopping...

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm looking to upgrade my ND filter kit.. currently using some off brand (Altura?) that I got for about $20 off of amazon years ago. It works alright, but does noticeably affect image quality and is a little clunky to use.

I LOVE the look and concept of the Lee 100mm filter system, but spending $500+ for a filter kit is out of the question at this point.. landscape is more of a hobby than a business for me and I don't wanna put a ton of money into it.

I'd prefer a drop in filter system, as threaded filters can get a bit clumsy in lower light conditions.

What do you guys use? Any reccomendations?

Get the holder and adapters from "The Filter Dude". Quality hardware at a reduced cost. My research came up to only use Lee filters. Other filter companies will produce a color shift. The more expensive ... the less shift ... but still a shift nonetheless.

Filters, like most everything else in photography, you get what you pay for. Rokinon delivers an extremely sharp image for the bucks ... but AF is extra. Sigma makes a very good 70-200 F/2.8 ... but it won't take a pounding like a Canon 'L' lens. Et cetera.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back