Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Almost there with this one - just the electronics and set-up to go.

1676466005_caa1b0fad9_o.jpg

You also build your own guitars?
So we have two on the forums that do it by now!
Only has our LittleMan not been around too much of late... he also builds violins, if I remember right.

LittleMan does it properly though - he actually cuts pieces of wood up, I just assemble parts. OK, so I do go to great lengths to specify what it is that I want and get it shipped 8,000 miles to me, but at the end of the day I just assemble a few posh Lego bricks.

Looks great, and you must enjoy the feeling of accomplishment to have 'built' it with your own hands (assembly still counts, at least IMHO. So don't 'fret' about it. Okay, I'm going...no need to push)
guitarist.gif

I must admit, it is nice to see your paper ideas come together in a physical sense. For the most part, assembling them is very straightforward, though the electronics on this one are going to be a little more tricky than the last due to the switching options I'm building in. The bits I tend to enjoy doing are things like cutting the nut slots for the strings and 'dressing' off the fret ends to finish them off. The best bit of course is when it's all gone together and you plug in for the first time - with this one though, that's not looking like being till next week, as I'm off to Dubai tomorrow morning, so tonight will be all about packing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back