need a 62mm cicular polarizer...confused...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by nymtber, Mar 20, 2006.

1. nymtber

nymtber TPF Noob!

Ok, i just got a Tamron 75-300 f4-5.6 lens, and now i need a circular polarizer, in 62mm. I know there are a zillion different makes, but i need something inexpensive, but something thats going to work. I already have a tiffen UV filter on it (gotta protect it) I shoot 35mm if that makes a difference? i want to keep price as LOW as possible..

Also: need a good intro to photography book or even a little more advanced book to help me out. i used to see them everywhere, but it seems its all digital now :( untill digital sensors are same size as a 35mm frame, im not going to bother (shouldnt be too much longer) again, no 50 dollar books here, want to stay 20 or under if possible...

I have a canon eos A2 on the way to replace my rebel G, i like some of the features on the A2 much better than my rebel, as well as having a little more camera to hold onto.

well thanks everyone for help, Im waiting (patiently...) for spring to REALLY get here so i can go take pictures!!!

2. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have used one like this before with decent results. I don't know how it compares to a higher end brand but I got the desired results.

For a book take a look at this thread and see what other users have recommended. One of my favorites is "Understanding Exposure."

3. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Photos OK to edit
    that is a great deal elisantics. I need a polarizer for my new camera but did not think about ebay.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What about your local library? The basics of photography have not changed much for 100 years...so a good book 30 years ago...is still a good book today. This goes for digital shooters as well...the basics are still the same, irregardless of the capture medium.

5. nymtber

nymtber TPF Noob!

i know all about e-bay deals, my dad just got a box of filters JUST to get a uv and circular polarizer; cost: 20 bucks for 10 or so filters, most were vivitar i think? older anyways, none would fit my camera, but there was a set of close-up filters i might get from him and get an adapter ring, just to play with :)

ill look at the local library, maybe ill find a good book i could later on buy. How do tiffen filters compare? 60 bucks for a hoya seems a bit too much to spend on a filter :(

besides, I need another pair of clipless pedals so both of my bikes have them, and both pairs of shoes can be used on either bike ;)

ive got too many hobbies :(