Need a little advice.

Sorry Coop, I had one. A 50 / 2.8 (I think) sitting in a box for years, but I just gave it away hanging on a Nikkormat. I'd surf through eBay.

I remember when you did that. That was actually a really cool thing to do, and you made that person's day, IIRC. Absolutely no hard feelings here, believe me.

I actually tried to track down the cement that Derrel suggested, but I figure if I reinforce this thing enough it should be OK. Besides, it's a personal project for once. It doesn't have to be pretty. :lol: Trust me, it isn't.

OK, deed has been done. 50mm f/2 and a Photomic prism. Eventually, I'll seek out a waist level because waist levels are awesome.

Oops, I got a Photomic FTN. I have an early F. Practiced my urban engineering skills and got it to fit. Can't tell I hacked at it from the outside anyway. :lol: The 50 F2 is almost perfect. Got a roll in it and gonna see what comes of it!

:popcorn: All right, lets see what she can do.

Well, while I'm waiting to use it (it's dark, I'm tired, and there's nothing interesting to shoot in my living room), here's a horrible little teaser and another question. I've tried lighter fluid and Goo Gone, and that varnish looking crap on the front of the Photomic won't go away. Any suggestions on what to use? BTW, the Photomic is one of the better prisms I've used-I can live without a meter, but there's nothing like a huge ass viewfinder.

20140319_231447_zpsaxazkzns.jpg

Sweet, I have some of that. OK, my wife has some of that, but I'm going to poach it.

RESULT!

Iron and wood by longm1985, on Flickr

IT'S ALIIIIVE!!! My ghetto fabulous repair has stood the test of... film. Yay! First time attempting that kind of repair.

What an opening kickoff! Nice Mike!

Thanks, Rick!

Acetone, or nail polish remover (unscented).

It worked. Got rid of most of it, but left some to go with the grungy patina theme. I'll post a pic of the finished product here when I get a chance to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back