Need a little help...

Robp412

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a few weeks I'm planning on purchasing a macro lens... I have a canon eos 30d and I am looking for something within the $100 range... I also shoot skateboarding and am possibly looking for a fisheye lens. If anyone could aim me in a good direction I would really really appreciate it.
Thanks.
-Rob

$100 is a tall order for a lens of any type -- others might know of a macro lens in that range (maybe a Sigma?), though. One other idea might be an extension tube to add to your existing lenses -- that can turn a normal lens into a macro lens (though it will probably not be as good as a dedicated macro lens would be). I think they run about $80.

If you have the 50mm 1.8, that does a fair job as a macro lens -- the minimum focusing distance is a little long, but not too bad. Paired with an extension tube, that could work well.

I don't know anything about fisheyes, but looking at B&H it looks like it's going to be tough to find one new for under $500.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

Alright.
Thank you.
I might have more than a hundred it was just an estimate.

just curious as to why alot of people who shoot extreme sports tend to flock towards the fisheye lense? Is it just the look of the final result or is there some benefit a fisheye provides for extreme sport photography?

Well when I'm in a tight spot or if I want to get surroundings also I would use it because I often end up being right up against either a wall or a fence...

For the price try some extension tubes or maybe find and old prime with a real aperture ring at a flea market or garage sale and play with reverse macro.

Extreme sports are often looked at by youngsters teens and young adults.

It makes the view look awesome. Sometimes it can make the person have more air etc... Just looks cool. Cool effect

Example: http://www.demonfisheyelens.com/images/FISHEYE-SKI.jpg

Never thought of it in this way. I understand now how it could be beneficial. I thought it was just a trend but now that I have taken some time comparing the differences between extreme sports shot normally and with fisheye I am starting to see the difference and the reasons one may use this effect. I have shot many things using a fisheye effect but nothing on the extreme sports side of photography. Thank you for explaining this to me.

Most reactions

Back