Need a moderators assistance !!!

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty sure I got scammed on here! I was looking threw a thread in the buy and sell and came across one I was interested in . I contacted him and made a deal with him last Friday. Now 6 days later (after paying him) I have yet to get a response from him! I have left him several PM's and E-mails and yet nothing back! Any suggestions on what I should do? I pay threw pay pal. I don't know if they can help me or not but either way if this guy has scammed me I think he should be removed from this site!

Do you have any sort of shipping/tracking number. 6 days isn't very long, for regular shipping.

Also, I would certainly contact Paypal and see what sort of protection you have.

PM the details to an admin (or failing that, a Mod) and we will try to sort out what can be done.

Unfortunately, the forum can assume no responsibility for something like this...but hopefully we can prevent it from happening again.

I have no tracking #. this is why I am worried! I was in contact back and forth with him for 3 days straight. since I made the payment I have heard nothing from him. I have left at least 6 messages total asking for some kind of response. Telling him I understand if he hasn't had time to ship it out. but just e-mail me to let me know. Still nothing. I know the forum cannot take any responsibility, But I do think they should ban this member and take his selling add. I am not going to mention any names until I know for sure I'm going to give it till Monday. He is only a 3 day ship from me. So even if he shipped it today Monday is still time enough!

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I hope it gets cleared up and it's just a big mistake. Just curious, how many posts does this person have on this forum? I don't think I'd cut a deal with anyone on here who has only a few posts if you know what I mean.

I would think longevity trumps post counts. Let me put it another way, contibuting posts can be searched. The quality of those posts can be a determining factor.

Sorry to hear of your plight Happy Hour. Fingers crossed that all comes out well in the end.

UPDATE: AFTER FILING A CLAIM WITH PAY PAL I MYSTERIOUSLY GOT A E-MAIL WITHIN 10 MINUTES FROM THE SELLER. So It looks like it might be resolved? I'm not getting my hopes up 2 high until I get a working tracking# and the product in my hands. May bee I'm just jumping to conclusions but after reading the warning about someone scamming on here, Who wouldn't be! as for how many posts he had? It was the first thing I checked when considering to buy. He has been a member since 2006. So I figured it was safe. hopefully I'm rite! That is why I did not mention any names. I would hate to bash someone to find out it was me being impatient! So We will see. He said it was shipped today in the e-mail so it should be here by Monday. thanks for all the concern everyone!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back