Need Advice

manderb1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bollingersphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been in photography for around 6 years and started my own business last year. I use my last name and photography as my business name. (Bollinger's Photography). Another local photographer who I have worked with several times is wanting to merge together to expand both of our clientele. Therefore, my question is ... what is a good name for co-owners of a photography business? Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Invent a new brand name. Otherwise, combining your two would look like a married couple with a hyphenated last name.

Maybe do like the first letter of your last names or something like that? I agree...dont hyphenate the full names...

Or think of something totally new!

first thing that came to my mind...

MERGE-PHOTOGRAPHY or MERGER'S-PHOTOGRAPHY

Jedo

Fusion Photography

Haha

good point about merging the name, we def don't want to look like a married couple! We were thinking of something uniquely new like.... in focus photography, double exposure photography, captured memories, etc. but I dont want anything that says "corny" portraits. Any more suggestions advice?

1. Go hire a college business student to come up with a catchy name for you. It will cost you very little.
2. Incorporate.
3. Incorporate.
4. Incorporate.
5. Create written agreements for all aspects of the business (division of labor, who gets to make which decisions)
6. A plan for what happens when either the business fails or you two decide to go your seperate ways. (who gets the business name, facilities, equipment, etc.)

Trust me when I tell you, all of those things will make your life easier.

If you haven't already, think about this person's work ethics and practices before you go thinking about a name. I'm sure you'd probably get PO'ed if you were working with some one like me who waits until the last minute to do everything.

Ed. Oh, and don't even think of Village Idiot Photography. That one's mine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back