Need help deciding ASAP 5D or 1DS

Beckhurl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am trying to purchase my first full frame camera( on a budget) and found a 5D classic and a 1 DS (mk 1) for close to the same price and shape. I want it for portrait work. What do I choose and why?

5D, going by you name you are a lady ? The 5D is much lighter and easier to use, how much is the 5D ? Ive got one I might sell

Yes I am a lady. The 5d is $375 and the 1Ds is $325. Is there a big difference in picture quality between the two?

The 1Ds has a film look to the files but is not good at high iso but the 5D can give usable shots at iso3200 when I'm home from work I'll post some shots if I remember

I would get the 5d. I have thought about getting it a long time ago and quite a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of portraits with the 5D + 24-70F2.8L

i-XzM8S9p-XL.jpg

i-tCMBBVq-XL.jpg

ISO3200, 5D + 300F2.8L

i-T7Mh8Wc-XL.jpg

Great pictures! Thank you so much. How long have you had your 5D?

5d. I've had and liked both but the 1ds is older tech with a big battery that can be a pain in the ... 5d is also as mentioned better at higher iso.

I bought the 5D ! Thank for the quick replies. Now I need advice on telling my husband that I purchased more photography gear :)

I bought the 5D ! Thank for the quick replies. Now I need advice on telling my husband that I purchased more photography gear :)
Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
I can tell you what MY wife does....but it's not suitable for the open forum. :)

My worst fear is that when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what she thinks I paid for it!

My worst fear is that when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what she thinks I paid for it!

Just have it buried with you... Easy remedy!

You bet. I have to flog all my hi-fi on eBay before I die, because if my wife will do it she will have a heart attack .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back