Need help quick!

Howdy......
It means BODY ONLY,NO LENS AT ALL!

Good shootin......
Vern...
Thank you!
Are you happy with the Pentax, someone suggested the brand, but I am very unfamiliar with it!

I would say with the question regarding MP dont get less then 8 but get the most you can afford. Like with most things you buy the more you spend the better product you will get.... Personally I went from a crap point and shoot to a Nikon D80... I bought a Used body and a 50mm 1.8f together it cost about 650 -700 I cant remember. If you can swing it go with something like the The nikon D80 or the cannon 40D or 50D.. and then buy a 50 mm. This lens is quite cheap and very fast for the money.. the kit lenses are not to good and need a lot of light to produce a crisp pic.

Personally the Nikon if feel is an eiser camera to use....

Good luck with what ever camera you buy

If you surf around the forums at the photos some people have taken, the 6mp D40 takes some great looking shots. I opted for the D60 due to the added features and larger mp, but if you're only printing 8X10's, then this camera would suit you very well. There are a lot of people who will say mp's don't matter, and there are those who say it does. If you're even partially concerned about this, then opt for more but know that it often comes with a price.

If you want to think about DSLR's what is your budget. Depending on your budget you can get a prosumer DSLR or a "beginners" DSLR, which are both great. I have an XSI and for a "beginner" camera it's great and it only cost $700 wih the kit lens at B&H.

Maybe I should clarify the original question and give some more info.. I am in very unfamiliar territory when it comes to the DSLR. I've never owned one, but I'm looking into buying one now. I just want to make sure that I get the right amount of Megapixels when I make my purchase!
Megapixels are kind of a non-issue nowadays. All new DSLRs sold today will produce nice images when enlarged to 8X10. I've seen poster sized prints (30X40) that looked great that came from a older 6 megapixel DSLR.
I read somewhere that with the DSLR, you don't need as many megapixels as you do with the Point and Shoot, because the lens will make the quality better, so the mp are less important with the DSLR!
That's partially true. The lens does make a big difference but what makes the images from a DSLR so much better than a P&S is the size of the image sensor in the DSLR...it's much, much bigger than the ones found in P&S cameras.
Of course, the higher the MP, the more expensive the camera! Since this is my first DSLR, can I print good quality 8X10 pics with an 8.0 MP
Yes.
or do I need to go up to the 10.0MP?
No, but most new DSLRs are 10 megapixels or more anyway.
What is bothering me the most is the price difference! I don't want to spend more money than I have to on a something I have never used before. If I like the DSLR, then I will look into upgrading later, for now, I just want the basic!
Even the new entry level DSLRs will produce very nice images when enlarged to 8X10.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back