need help with a room

The kit you have really isn't enough to get reliable shots in a situation like that. If you were someone who is very very good, then you could probably come away with a decent amount of usable shots, but with some of the questions you're asking, I take it you somewhat of a beginner. I would say at the very least, you owe it to your friend to tell him that you don't have what it take equipments-wise and/or experience wise to guarantee him great shots of his wedding day, just so he is aware of the situation. If he is still fine with that, then rent/buy what you can, and do the best job that you can do. But as his friend, I think you should make sure he knows that the images might not be everything he expected.

I agree with GeneralBenson 100%. Let your friend know about your experience level as well as your equipment limitation.

As for the equipments, first I am still consider myself a beginner, but I strongly believe fast lenses which are lenses that have constant max. aperture of F/2.8 or larger (i.e. F/1.8, F/1.4) and external flash is a must.

Once you have the equipments, if I were you, I will do some practice at the same location before the big day.

This might be something to consider. If using a faster glass (i.e. f/1.8), the DOF is more narrow at f/1.8. If there are a few ppl in a picture and they are not standing across at the same distance, some of them might look fuzzy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back