Need help with difficult shoot lighting

These aren't clinical anyway. They're just (not abnormal) kids sorting cards with pictures on them according to varying rules. Super boring, zero risk task. The goal is merely to use it as an excuse to put cute kids on a website to encourage parents to come in.

(The IRB does flip out though if you bring in your own kids as an experimenter especially to just do a photoshoot. Not sure why, but they do. So my colleagues can't just use theirs)

I think you should stay away from this or find a kid who isn't participating to use as a model. This seems like a project that is riddled with ethical issues for the researchers, imo. (With the understanding that I don't actually do any kind of research). If the experiment is taxing enough that the kids are going to be frayed out enough that you only have a few minutes to work with them, then you're going to be putting them through unnecessary stress. Also, what happens if you show up, wait for the kid to finish the experiment, but then the kid doesn't want to have his or her picture taken? If the study participant doesn't have the freedom to tell you no, then I would think that should be problematic.

As far as how I would go about the shoot. With these restrictions, would it be possible to set up your monoblocs ahead of time and get all your settings right. Once you have it set up how you want it, put tape where the lights go, and store them in a nearby room so that you can drag them out when it is time to take some photos? That shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes and would give the kids some time to relax in between the experiment and photos

Apparently Gav and I were typing at the same time. Nevermind about the first paragraph, if it isn't clinical. Although, if it isn't clinical, then why can't you just shoot it while they are actually going through the test with big lights and what-not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back