Need help with getting cool effect

Steveo555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have my camera set up on my joby tripod. I have the joby tripod secured to the headrest in my car. I want to take a picture where everything inside my car is still and everything outside the car has time lapse look.

The current settings on my camera are: Manual mode, F4 and bulb time. I have a mini wireless remote I use to trigger the start/end of the photo.

Does anyone have recommendations or tips for getting the camera to stay still so the inside of my car does not get blurry? or am I going to need to edit the photo to get that look?

Best picture I was able to get.

DSC_0436.jpg

my best recommendation is to secure the camera better or up your ISO. i have seen extremely clear shots done inside cars. Maybe you should drive slower, might help on the vibrations but that camera is bouncing more than the car, so securing it better will help no matter what.

drive much slower. with that long of an exposure you dont need to go very far to get that streaked look outside and it will also help keep vibration to a minimum. use a higher fstop and i would also suggest using a road that is very flat and very smooth. good luck!

Thanks for the quick responses. I was going about 45mph for this shot. So I will need to go slower and find a way to better secure my camera.

Most shots that look like the car is really moving, are made with the car moving at walking speed, about 3 mph.

Here's some of the tools they use for car camera rig shots: Rig Shots

Those are some cool set ups! Thanks for the link Keith. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back