Need help with Photoshop

JessicaBlair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Boudoir practice shot that I need to photoshop. I'm trying to make it look better....She's a bigger woman and wants to make these pics look good for her hubby. Any help greatly appreciated....and please explain when you do something! Thanks!!!!

100_1939.jpg

Instead of trying to photoshop this, I would suggest a re-shoot. there are much more flattering lights and angles you could shoot with. Plus this image is out of focus.. her face is waay blurry.

+1 on the re-shoot.
It will be to tough to do much to improve the photo as it is shot. Out of focus, plus having the background being half door, half wall will make any adjustments pretty hard to do.
Hang up a solid color sheet and try again with some more flattering poses.

Here is a link to bunch of examples of poses, not aimed at plus sizes but you can take a look and see there are some that draw focus to one area of the body over others.
Examples of Poses

That has gotta be the first time I was linked to a link
PS: I think she would be better off w/ clothes on... Some people just aren't meant to be photographed half naked, or naked. This isnt an attack on her personally, but just saying.

my advice would be to look at the works of great artists who have done nudes in oils. If you look how they pose them it will give you some ideas.
e.g.,: Titian Venus:
titian_venus_urbino.jpg

my advice would be to look at the works of great artists who have done nudes in oils. If you look how they pose them it will give you some ideas.

Agreed. I'd suggest adding Rubens to the list of artists, and to not limit yourself to artists that worked in oils, though Renaissance periods works are a great starting point and are dominated by oils.

Agreed. I'd suggest adding Rubens to the list of artists, and to not limit yourself to artists that worked in oils, though Renaissance periods works are a great starting point and are dominated by oils.

good point!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back