1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Need help with shutter release button ...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Acrylic Snow, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Acrylic Snow

Acrylic Snow TPF Noob!

(Wasn't sure which forum directory to post this in...so I copied and pasted it here too to be safe)

I was taking some photos (I had got around taking 4 exposures) and all of a sudden (and this is the first time its ever happened) I was not able to take anymore pictures. It sounds like the Shutter Release button was on some sort of lock because each time I press the button it makes a noise and the film cartridge symbol and the line next to it blinks.

I had the camera on Manual mode, by the way. I'm a noob with SLR cameras, so do you think I could've made a silly mistake and somehow flipped some kinda shutter release lock? Thanks!

(Oops, also forgot to mention! I have a Nikon AF N8008s SLR Camera with a 35-80mm lens)

2. SpeedTrap

SpeedTrap TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sounds like to film will not advance, if it was not loaded correctly it may stop the film from advancing after a few frames.