Need help

Chaplin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey..
i just started my photography course at college and my first assignment is:
"A Familiar journey photographed in an unfamiliar way"

so for example i would take a photo of the top deck of a bus...then the next one would be the stairs goin down to bottom of the bus...then the bottom deck of the bus...then the door of the bus...then bus driving off.
That would be my journey from the top deck of a bus to the out side....but i was wondering if any one had a better idea and methods of making each photo more unusual / unfamiliar.

I doubt this will be of any help, but I think your instructor wants you to see the journey differently.

For instance have you ever watched the bus driver as he moves the bus through traffic. The expression on his or her face. Have you really paid attention the the smaller parts of the bus like how you pay. I have no idea here thre used to be a collection machine you dropped your money in.

The hand rails on the steps shot at a low angle. The steps going up. Ohter riders and what they are doing. Reading kids acting badly. That is what I would be looking at. I think.

But then i might be way off the mark.

Philip Weir said:
from ground level
and/or from the waist level, without looking thru the viewfinder.

Chaplin said:
Hey..
i just started my photography course at college and my first assignment is:
"A Familiar journey photographed in an unfamiliar way"

so for example i would take a photo of the top deck of a bus...then the next one would be the stairs goin down to bottom of the bus...then the bottom deck of the bus...then the door of the bus...then bus driving off.
That would be my journey from the top deck of a bus to the out side....but i was wondering if any one had a better idea and methods of making each photo more unusual / unfamiliar.

I think your idea is fun, but if I could, then I would try to use reflects... I mean, taking the bust steps reflected into a bus stup window, or into water on the floor... or else, takink the school from the bus.
I'm sorry but enlish is a bit hard for me... I don't know if my idea is clear enough ?

Do you ride an elevator in school, work, or in an apartment building? Maybe in the elevator you could somehow rig the camera inside the elevator but hanging from it's ceiling, so it's a birds eye view of you riding the elevator. Or if you know any way to get a picture of the elevator in the shaft from outside of it, that could be neat too. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back