need info

maverickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok ive been looking at getting a new camera. And need some input. Im looking at the rebel xti, nikon D60, olympus e510 or the nikon D40. I need something that shoots fast action like sporting events and widlife.

jason

For sport events, sometimes you may need a camera that has a higher Frames Per Second (FPS). However for the low end DSLRs you mentioned, they are about the same.

I believe all cameras you mentioned are about the same for shooting sport events and wild life as long as you have the appropriate lenses.

So my recommendation is see which one feel the best in your hands. Also, see which one you like the way the buttons organised in the camera. Also, price may be another factor (as least for me) and I believe their cost is about the same except the D40 is a little bit cheaper.

Go to a store , try them and see if one of the camera can make you a bigger grin.

Most camera bodies will perform relatively the same; sure, some will be better at higher ISO than others or some other aspect.

The quick and dirty answer is: try them out and see which one you like best and which lens comes with it... and that means you'll have to research what lens is best.

If you do a search, you'll find your question can be answered. Here is a great place to start...

I went to the camera shop yesterday to look at the ones i was intrested in. After about a hour of holding, looking and asking tons of questions i decided that the Rebel xti was the one for me. I think the guy was glade I made up my mind. LOL I think in the long run this is a camera i can "grow" into. Im kinda of a beginner/novice but im signed up to take 3 classes at the local tech to take some photo classes and take a photoshop class also. Can't wait till sept to take the classes. in the mean time i guess i'll start taking some pics. :)

Thanks
Jason

Most reactions

Back