Need opinion trade 5 person hut tub for D50

vandy1821

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a 5 person hot tube and a guy would like to trade me his Nikon D50 for it. I was wondering any bad things about the D50? and would it be worth it? The tube is in great shape just don't need it. This would be my first SLR so any info you guys and gals would have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A hot tub is probably a fair bit more valuable than a used, entry level DSLR camera.

The D50 is a decent camera though. Maybe check out E-bay to see what the going rate is, then consider if that's enough for your hot tub.

The hot tub is about 7-8 years old, I looked at the prices on CL and they are not going for much around here but once again it Michigan and no one has a job or money LOL. I will look into it I only have the tub on CL for $400 so I am not asking much. I would like cash then get a reman unit from somewhere. I just hope I dont get stuck with a junk camera. Thanks for the info Big Mike.

$400 for a D50 (with kit lens) sounds about right. I guess I was thinking of a newer hot tub.

$400? You'd pay that for a brand new D40 kit (newer than the D50, despite the odd naming scheme) if you keep your eye on Amazon.

A used D50, body-only, is worth about $250, $300 tops. Unless he includes a couple of good lenses, trading for a hot tub (or a hot tube :lol:) is a rip-off.

You're better off selling the hot tub and buying a camera.

I don't know, if the used hot tub market there is like here it might be wise to trade.

I've been trying to get rid of mine for awhile, local ads are flooded with used hot tubs and no ones buying them.

Most people are weary of buying them used as they can be full of unseen problems if not cared for.

I say go for it even if you don't want the camera, at least it would be easier to sell than the tub

Most reactions

New Topics

Back