Need Photo Proof Solution

Yes it will. That is the purpose of forensic software.

Yes it will. That is the purpose of forensic software.

They can determine a unique signature for the camera and authenticate the camera and they can analyze the image data and provide a degree of assurance that the image data was not altered, but there is no possible way that they can determine that the file wasn't opened or not and that the date stored in metadata was altered. That can be done without leaving any detectable trace -- that's easy to do. All that has to be done is determine from an example file where the date is stored in metadata at the byte level. Then open the file at the byte level and alter it. That can be done without altering any other aspect of the file by so much as a single bit. Any competent programmer can do it.

Joe

Perhaps you should discuss it with the F.B.I. as they will disagree. Forensic authentication is not something the average photographer deals with nor do they have the tools to deal with.

Perhaps you should discuss it with the F.B.I. as they will disagree.

Nonsense. This is a simple matter.

Forensic authentication is not something the average photographer deals with nor do they have the tools to deal with.

What do average photographers have to do with this? A competent programmer can do what I described easily. I've done the same many times. Software like this could handle the task: http://www.ultraedit.com/assets/images/hex-editor-big.jpg

I looked over the documentation provided by AMPED. They make no claim that they can detect metadata alterations. They'd be laughed at if they did. They can authenticate the camera and detect likely alterations to image data and that's all they can do.

It is simply not possible to determine if a digital file has been byte level edited if the data alteration is consistent with the expected file contents (change a date).

Joe

Believe what you will. Makes no never mind to me.

Believe what you will. Makes no never mind to me.

No belief involved here. I've done the same with other types of data files and it's a simple matter that, as I said, a competent programmer can handle.

Joe

Get a film camera that date stamps the negatives
Preferably a film camera that costs a lot, such as a Leica, for instance. Then if anybody challenges your "documentation" simply show him the camera that costs more than he would spend taking his family to Disneyland for a week, and he'll shut up and go away.

Oh, and be sure to enter the "correct" date and time into the camera's memory. (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Get a film camera that date stamps the negatives
Preferably a film camera that costs a lot, such as a Leica, for instance. Then if anybody challenges your "documentation" simply show him the camera that costs more than he would spend taking his family to Disneyland for a week, and he'll shut up and go away.

Oh, and be sure to enter the "correct" date and time into the camera's memory. (wink wink, nudge nudge)
None of that crap on a Leica M

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

O.K., I'm not familiar with the various models and prices of THE LEICA so I apologize for misleading the OP.

Most reactions

Back