Need some advice (best way to upload pictures)

ewhite11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I have a Nikon D100 that takes great pictures. However, on large quality the pictures are 3MB. What is the best option forthese pictures besides keeping them all on my laptop? This is just in case my laptop would get stolen etc....

What websites have worked out the best, and how long would it take for big sized pictures like this??

Thanks

Best option is to burn to CD/DVD; uploading is dependant on your connection speed; anywhere from 10min to 35 seconds.

I use JungleDisk to backup all of my pictures and important stuff.

The way it works is you have software that monitors what ever folders you choose. If there is anything new or modified it will automatically upload them the the Amazon S3 service.

The cost is $20 for the software and a really low cost per GB for storage. I have 40 GB online and it is only about $6 per month.

At home I have a server that runs 24/7 and the backup is scheduled to happen at 2:15 am each day. If you don't want to keep the computer on all day you can have it backup when ever you tell it to.

Photo Bucket and Flicker are a couple free places to store a bunch of pictures, but there are some limitations.

Please be aware that it is VERY easy to loose ALL of your digital pictures if they are all on only one hard drive.

I have all my digital pictures on a raid mirror that gets backed up every day.

Even if my house burns down, I'll still be able to get my pictures back.

~Jay

Most reactions

Back